PDA

View Full Version : Autodesk Maya 2012 Hot Fix 1

Eshta
04-27-2011, 08:55 PM
Maya 2012 Hot Fix 1 http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/item?siteID=123112&id=16935849&linkID=9242259

Kakkoii
04-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Well that was soon, thanks for the tip up.

thematt
04-27-2011, 09:53 PM
good thing there are doing fast update! I hope they keep building fast upade like that, so you can patch on top of the all application, much faster and better than having to reinstall the all soft, and it can make correcting bug much faster for the user if update are done on consistant basis.
Autodesk good move!! :thumbsup:

cheers

SheepFactory
04-27-2011, 09:56 PM
Agreed. Much prefer this kind of update over the ones I have to uninstall the full app and reinstall again.

cesboa
04-27-2011, 10:06 PM
good thing there are doing fast update! I hope they keep building fast upade like that, so you can patch on top of the all application, much faster and better than having to reinstall the all soft, and it can make correcting bug much faster for the user if update are done on consistant basis.
Autodesk good move!! :thumbsup:

cheers

Half baked move:
On Mac and Linux platforms, this hotfix is a full product installation. Uninstall your existing Maya application before installing this hotfix.

Any news on the release note? Is the Python API and DMM strangeness* the only thing that is new/fixed?

* Please remove trialware from our expensive software :)

Edit: fileDialog2 in native OS mode still make Maya crash on OSX.

Bitter
04-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Yeeeeah. . .actual release notes would be nice. Installed it and am looking for it. Someone wanna give me a hint?

Venkman
04-28-2011, 02:44 AM
Yeeeeah. . .actual release notes would be nice. Installed it and am looking for it. Someone wanna give me a hint?

Maya 2012 Hotfix 1 includes enhancements to Python scripting with the new Maya Python API 2.0. This new API performs better and faster, offering programmers a more idiomatic experience of Python. The new Python API is similar in structure to the original Python API, making transition easy. To offer the most flexibility, programmers can use both Python APIs in code, respectively, to extend and customize Maya.

For supporting documentation, see www.autodesk.com/developmaya.

In addition, Maya 2012 Hotfix 1 also includes an updated DMM™ (Digital Molecular Matter) plug-in for Maya from Pixelux Entertainment™ that lets you solve up to 2500 tetrahedrals. On Mac OSX and Linux systems, DMM now supports performance improving multithreading. The update also includes the following fixes:

DMM no longer stops unexpectedly on Linux systems.
The DMM shelf item no longer disappears after a Maya session is restored.
Issues with Passive Regions has been fixed on all platforms.

JWRodegher
04-28-2011, 03:01 AM
Hey Sheep, have you found any trouble with 2012 UI and wacom? (you have a intuos 4 if my memory still works). I have a lot of problems, trying to click on things like script editor, configurations, the file menu, and the likes...I tried with a regular mouse and all those issues are gone. I think maya 2012 and intuos (4 as far as I could test) do not do well together.

SheepFactory
04-28-2011, 03:13 AM
Can't say I have any problems with the wacom and maya. What kinda problems are you having exactly?

Bitter
04-28-2011, 03:16 AM
Maya 2012 Hotfix 1 includes enhancements to Python scripting with the new Maya Python. . . .

That's their blurb.

Actual release notes denote the defect that was resolved or patched by number.

JWRodegher
04-28-2011, 03:22 AM
For example, when I want to open the script editor, clicking the icon on the lower right of maya's UI, I have to click a lot of times for it to open (it opens right away with an usb mouse). Same goes for the icon above it to access preferences. That happens too with the open, save, new icons but not so often. If I go to the open menu, and try to scroll with the vertical bar, the horizontal scroll bars goes all the way to the right displaying only the dates of the files. And in the viewport I can't change the wide of the attribute editor - tool options. Same with the open menu.

None of this issues arise when I use a usb mouse. I got used to wacom for a long time now, and going back to the mouse is not an option cause of my wrist.

Have you experienced any of this? Or any other wacom user? Maybe a driver re install would help, not sure.

I really really wish that the DMM stuff is not the ONLY thing they changed with the hotfix.

DuttyFoot
04-28-2011, 03:25 AM
Hey Sheep, have you found any trouble with 2012 UI and wacom? (you have a intuos 4 if my memory still works). I have a lot of problems, trying to click on things like script editor, configurations, the file menu, and the likes...I tried with a regular mouse and all those issues are gone. I think maya 2012 and intuos (4 as far as I could test) do not do well together.

i have similar issues using the intuos 4 with both mudbox and maya 2012

mustique
04-28-2011, 08:12 AM

I've had similar issues until I deleted all wacom preferences and used a single universal profile for all apps. Meaning no app specific settings at all.

berniebernie
04-28-2011, 09:10 AM

http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya-station/2011/04/wacom-tablet-not-working-correctly-in-mouse-mode.html ?

TheRazorsEdge
04-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Thanks a lot for the heads-up! :)

Geez, email notifications from AD at the very least for Subscription customers would be rather nice for these kind of things!!

Cheers!

mthemelis
04-28-2011, 09:32 AM
Hi,

i have problems with Maya and my wacom 4 right after opening autocad for mac and I have pointed this to the AutoCAD forums.

Tummble tool stops working and right click messes up.

I don't know if it's AutoCAD, Maya or Wacom's issue though..

Thanks,
Mike

JWRodegher
04-28-2011, 03:40 PM
If Mudbox has the exact same new UI version than maya, then maybe it is a maya/mudbox (autodesk) issue, plus the wacom driver is still working properly on maya 2011. So I think it´s a new bug from the changes in the QT UI.

Not trying to attack AD though, just narrowing the posibilities to detect the problem. I can´t work with maya like this though, not with the wacom at least. Oh and by the way, it is not in mouse mode.

Whoever problem this is, I hope to get it fixed soon :/

DuttyFoot
04-28-2011, 04:08 PM
I've had similar issues until I deleted all wacom preferences and used a single universal profile for all apps. Meaning no app specific settings at all.

http://mayastation.typepad.com/maya...mouse-mode.html ?

thanks for the help, i will give them a try and see what happens

JWRodegher
04-28-2011, 04:34 PM
Oh by the way, the profile thing fixed some of the problems but not all of them! Thanks a lot for the tip!

eikonoklastes
04-28-2011, 05:03 PM
Does this fix anything or is it more of a HotUpdate that they forgot to put in the main release?

Anyone find any release notes?

Fixing the shortcuts would have been a nice start. But who uses shortcuts anyway...

SePu
04-28-2011, 05:31 PM
Here is one that use shortcuts all the time ....

tonytrout
04-30-2011, 12:43 AM
Anyone checked if the DMMplugin hotfix works? It just seems to whirr the mouse a few times in win7 64 and then nothing??

Kakkoii
04-30-2011, 01:21 AM
Anyone checked if the DMMplugin hotfix works? It just seems to whirr the mouse a few times in win7 64 and then nothing??

Yes it does. It's a silent install, writes the files quite quickly.
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?p=6963313#post6963313

tonytrout
04-30-2011, 07:51 AM
cheers Kakkoii

KidderD
05-02-2011, 12:44 AM
Doesn't install for me on Win 7 Pro.

Kakkoii
05-02-2011, 12:46 AM
Doesn't install for me on Win 7 Pro.

What doesn't install, the Hotfix, or the DMM file? If it's the DMM file, just read up above.. It's a silent install. And if it's the Hotfix that isn't working, are you getting an error? If so what is it.

KidderD
05-02-2011, 12:50 AM
The hotfix is installed (it's in the title).

DMM though is still locked at 1500 tets.

Kakkoii
05-02-2011, 01:00 AM
The hotfix is installed (it's in the title).

DMM though is still locked at 1500 tets.

That's odd, the DMM installed fine for me on Win 7 64bit, silently. The message that pops up still says 1500 instead of 2500 tetras for you? The patch only raises the limit to 2500.

PixelGrade
05-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the notice. Will try it

KidderD
05-03-2011, 12:35 AM
Run as Administrator now works for me.

Thanks for the help.

doodlerboy
12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Ok so I'm too lazy to read all the comments posted. But here's what I did that fixed my issue.

First off my issue was, my Intous 4 wasn't able to click on stuff in maya, I would tap and tap and tap and nothing, lot of UI issues with the tablet I guess.

BUT I read on a Maya forum, someone posted exactly how to fix it.

open up your "Wacom Tablet Prefence File Utility"
At the top where it says "My Preferences" click "Remove"

Now all you have to do is open up your tablet settings menu and just reconfig. Super easy. My pen tablet is basically my mouse so that's all I had to change was the pen settings.

Hope this helps, it worked perfectly after I did this.

doodlerboy
12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
By reconfig, I meant it as, reconfig it the way you had it originally. The Tablete preference file utility steps are what fixes the issue.

Cheers.

CGTalk Moderation
12-05-2011, 11:04 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.