PDA

View Full Version : Recoil (Dynamics plugin) for Modo now available

SheepFactory
04-27-2011, 07:54 PM
http://www.luxology.com/modo_501_support_files/version_20110323/style/image/modo_yazan_malkosh_recoil_cube.560.jpg

Simulating rigid body interactions in modo is easily handled with recoil™, a fully integrated dynamics simulation plug-in for modo 501 developed by Eric Soulvie. Utilizing the popular open-source Bullet Physics engine, recoil simplifies the setup and execution of complex physical simulations by combining robust collision detection with a variety of constraints, forces, and controls. By simply tagging any mesh item to be dynamic, it is ready to respond to forces like gravity or collisions from other objects in your modo scene. The recoil plug-in lets you quickly create incredibly complex animations of interacting objects that would be almost impossible to simulate manually. It is also useful for “stacking” up objects so that they rest against each other (see gumball image below).

http://www.luxology.com/store/recoil/

THX1311
04-27-2011, 10:22 PM
Looks well integrated and the constraint system looks fairly useful.

Cheers

williamsburroughs
04-28-2011, 12:16 AM
Looking sweet guys!

Dennik
04-28-2011, 01:19 AM
Looks very solid. Definitely worth the price.

circusboy
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
Looks kewl for modo-however I don't see any evidense of a shattering solution or what it would do with a shattered object (irregular shapes, sizes spaces between dynamic objects, etc) imported from another software.

Novakog
05-03-2011, 12:36 PM
Looks kewl for modo-however I don't see any evidense of a shattering solution or what it would do with a shattered object (irregular shapes, sizes spaces between dynamic objects, etc) imported from another software.

I don't think Recoil does shattering computations. However, it does work well with objects shattered in other software - it's very easy to have the pieces together and unaffected by dynamics until something else comes in contact with them. I haven't seen any examples of this on the public forums, but I did see some during development, so hopefully there will be soon.

Larry_g1s
05-05-2011, 01:16 AM
Looks nice and reasonable price tag.

CGTalk Moderation
05-05-2011, 01:16 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.