PDA

View Full Version : Daniele Animation Reel...

DanieleZ
04-26-2011, 07:28 PM
Hi forum,
this is daniele, it's a long time since i posted something
I just reedited my animation reel with some new animations and i'd be really happy to receive some advices and thoughts! I feel like it's a bit too long...Is there anything you'd cut from it?

here it is
http://vimeo.com/7726950

Thanks very much in advance!

Daniele

artmonger78
04-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I am far from an expert on reviewing anim reels, but i would have to say you show the technical side of your work very well. The facial expressions, the sense of gravitational physics, and the speed was all done with a great deal of thought. One thing i heard from a game portfolio reviewer is that for his specifications, (and i dont think he's alone on this) He looks for the animations in the background, the non focused animations. He said that the main animation is important, but its the background animations that make the scene believable. I hope this helps for your future in animation. :)

Artmonger

mistasam02
04-27-2011, 02:02 AM
Awesome work! I love the lizard stuff. Really cool style overall, good luck on the job hunt!

timnendza
04-28-2011, 02:55 AM
very very nice !!!
I saw that you did stuff for team to, are you still employed there ?
love the stuff on 1īs !!

ConnortheCraftmaster
04-28-2011, 04:05 AM
Its really refreshing to see some good animation posted on these forums. I'm honestly tired of seeing excellent artwork thats poorly animated.

DanieleZ
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Thanks everybody!! i appreciate your comments..

timnendza, i worked at teamto for about 8 months..i'm not working there anymore, i'm now working at aardman animations..but teamto was a lot of fun as well!

by the way if you, animators and not, have any kind of advice on the reel i'd be more than happy to ear them :)

thanks again

Daniele

CGTalk Moderation
04-28-2011, 09:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.