PDA

View Full Version : easily set keyframe to all bones in IK chain?

gordon135
04-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Ive made a character with a cape and made some bones to animate it. I added an IK chain to the bones and it seems to work fine. The problem occurs when I try to animate with it. I select the end of the chain set an initial keyframe(rotation, translation and scale) and drag it to the position I want. I set another keyframe 20 frames from the first keyframe.
Whn I play this back, the chain goes back to the initial pose and basicly it doesnt work :/

If i do this again, but when placing the 2nd keyframe, I select all the bones involved, then the pose is correctly saved. But this is very tedious to do for every keyframe!
In Max Ive never had to do this
Id like to be able to move the end of the chain to set the pose I want, then do some adjusting and the keyframe to be applied to the bones that have changed instead of only the ones that I have selected.

Maybe Im overlooking an option or Im doing it wrong? Hope someone can help

craiga3
04-27-2011, 03:51 AM
set key frame at 1, move key frame to 20 (or whatever) move bones/ set key frame.

set key frame first, then move bones, then "I" set set LocRotScale

gordon135
04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
looks like i was just doig it wrong, works fine now. had to make target bones

CGTalk Moderation
04-27-2011, 11:51 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.