PDA

View Full Version : Local scale like Silo?

miicaca
04-23-2011, 04:25 PM
Hey guys, newbie here... trying to learn modeling in Softimage and I was trying to do the Silo's local scale. I attached a picture to show what it does because I am not so sure how to describe it. So how can I do that in Softimage?

Edit:
I just realized what I want is called inset scale in Silo, not local scale, I mess those up somehow, sorry for the confusion >.<

bottleofram
04-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Under transform menu, there's an option transform independently in local. I never figured out how to make it work properly, tho.

miicaca
04-24-2011, 03:50 AM
I tried the transform independently option and scale in local mode, but it din work, the result is skewed, maybe I did it the wrong way...

Right now I think I will survive with using inset and delete the extra edges. I hope there's a script that does this or I was wondering, can ICE help me with things like this?

bottleofram
04-24-2011, 06:35 AM
Leave it to a non-modeler to give a bad modeling advice. What you wanted is Model>Modify>Poly>Offset Polygons Cont.

Cheers

miicaca
04-24-2011, 08:49 AM
Yes! that is IT!

Just when I was a little bit dissappointed with my choice of migrating to Softimage, now I am excited about it again! :D

Thank you!

CGTalk Moderation
04-24-2011, 08:49 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.