PDA

View Full Version : The Making of Tangled, Thursday April 28th

GnomonSchool
04-22-2011, 09:58 PM
http://gnomonschool.com/images/events/tangled/cgtalk_post.jpg

Join Clay Kaytis (Animation Supervisor), Mohit Kallianpur (Look and Lighting Director), Dave Goetz (Art Director), Frank Hanner (Character Supervisor) and Michael Kaschalk (EFX Animator) in the making of Disney Animation's 2010 critically acclaimed computer animated blockbuster, Tangled.

This panel will provide an inside look at the challenges and triumphs faced from character creation through final composite. Starting with the establishment of ambitious and hopeful objectives, the story continues with hair-raising tales of experimentation, trial and error, and breakthroughs during the course of bringing "Tangled," the Studio’s 50th full-length animated feature, to the big screen.

RSVP now (http://www.gnomonschool.com/?p=1783)!

alfonsc
04-25-2011, 06:59 AM
awesome, unfortunately I'm far, far away from LA.

Would you broadcast this event in the web?

GnomonSchool
04-25-2011, 04:40 PM
I wish we could, but unfortunately we won't be able to. Due to the nature of the content it's rare that we are allowed to rebroadcast these events.

nemeru
04-27-2011, 04:30 PM
shoot! i wanted to see a making of soo badly, but just found out about this now and there's no way i'm gonna get a ticket to US now :/ well, i've been missing on so much by not being in LA, that i guess i'll just have to move there, heh..

can you at least summarize afterwards, what generally have you guys talked about there? no details, but like general contents... cuz being a rigger, i was most interested in the hair, so i'd be wondering if you guys for example went into that subject extensively, or what, you know?

alfonsc
04-27-2011, 10:41 PM
shoot! i wanted to see a making of soo badly, but just found out about this now and there's no way i'm gonna get a ticket to US now :/ well, i've been missing on so much by not being in LA, that i guess i'll just have to move there, heh..

can you at least summarize afterwards, what generally have you guys talked about there? no details, but like general contents... cuz being a rigger, i was most interested in the hair, so i'd be wondering if you guys for example went into that subject extensively, or what, you know?

It seems we lose a lot of things by not being in LA, I also wanted to be in this making of.

About the hair, you could check this video where they talk about the simulation of the hair in Tangled.
http://www.makingof.com/posts/watch/2648/-tangled-hair-demo-with-kelly-ward

nemeru
04-27-2011, 11:27 PM
great link! something at last! you did your homework, i'll give you that, heh. really, thanks.

vancliff
04-28-2011, 09:42 PM
wow, incredible! What is the purporse of that colored keyboard?

hammer1d
05-26-2011, 11:21 PM
sweet!, thanks for the news dude

jimmyswang
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
so sad, i did not attend this event!! :sad:

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2012, 05:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.