PDA

View Full Version : Compositing Question

ThE_SP
10-23-2003, 08:58 PM
Hey,

I'm trying to composite a render beauty pass with it's shadow in PS 7. When I cut and paste the shadow to the beauty file, the shadow does not retain it's position and is put right in the middle of the image, where I do not want it. Is there something I'm doing wrong, or is this just the way it is?

Cheers,

Shawn

theGuest
10-23-2003, 11:29 PM
Hi there...

By default, PS inserts the dragged layer where ever you drop it in the other document's canvas. If you hold the SHIFT key while dragging, PS will center the dragged layer on the canvas.

This is regardless of whether the 2 docs are the same size or not.

Can you not just move the shadow layer into its proper place manually (with the Move tool selected) once it's been dragged into the beauty doc?

ThE_SP
10-23-2003, 11:48 PM
hey theGuest,

Thanks for the info, it's not really a big deal, more of a curiosity. It's just annoying when you go through the trouble of rendering elements in seperate passes to have to line them up manually, when in fact they are in the their respective correct positions. It seems shift+drag from one file to the next retains the proper position though. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers,
Shawn

theGuest
10-24-2003, 11:52 AM
Ya ok, well that makes sense really then huh? Your images are all the same size so Shift-Drag should fix your problem indeed. ;)

:wavey:

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 12:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.