PDA

View Full Version : Ryu Vs Akuma Ep.1

thephenom
04-19-2011, 10:03 PM
http://vimeo.com/22615177

Just finished this short.

Took 3 months off and on.

There are still a lot of things to fix, but I wanted to release ep. 1 asap.
So in ep. 2, it will have less flaws.

EDIT:

I only did the animations. Stock models were used.

ConnortheCraftmaster
04-19-2011, 11:09 PM
-The scene is beautifully modeled, I really dig the detail you managed to cram into this scene from the clothesline wires to the dusty and broken windows.

-The characters are really nice too. Yeah, there's minor stuff but fixing the issues wouldn't do anything much to improve the viewer's experience in my opinion.

-The animation is terrible and does not hold a candle to your other skillsets. The characters are too floaty (even with the short being mostly slow-motion), there doesn't seem to be any power or inertial force in some of the character's movements. Ryu's walk cycle is awful and it looks like he's being held up by wires and just was told to move his legs.

-The composition doesn't seem right either. The part at 0:37 didn't make much sense at all and moving the camera up and down didn't seem to serve any meaningful purpose visually. The introduction of Ryu into the scene was clumsy, it felt like I was watching various different clips that weren't put in the right order. On the plus side, I did like the angle between 0:50 and 0:55... if the feet weren't clipping/sliding I'd say that part was done almost flawlessly.

In short, your modeling and texturing skills are obviously way higher than your animation and compositional skills. Try to work to balance your skillsets out... its hard to do, but all aspects of your work should receive an equal amount of love. Great modeling doesn't mean much to your motion visuals if your animation is poor.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2011, 11:09 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.