PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - 2D - DeathMetalDan - God of Nature/Elements

DeathMetalDan
04-19-2011, 07:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Animeshinobi/GodofNature.jpg

Here are a few of my thumbnails, I'm leaning more towards the golem-type creature... The cgsociety logo will be made out of magma flow, the arms and upper portions of the legs have water veins, forestry and mountian forms on the back, and glacier-like feet.

Let me know what you think!

Akiman
04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Love the head. Not sure bout logo since its like vertical process and snakes kinda ruin the mood . Good start though! GL!

ersinerturk
04-20-2011, 08:30 AM
I' prefer shorter legs like in the first two sketches. But first one is the best. Putting logo on the chest could work great if it's not perfectly symmetrical. Head design is nice as well. Keep it up, good luck!

DeathMetalDan
04-20-2011, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the responses! I'm not too hot on the first one particularly, but I agree about the more stocky build with shorter legs and proportionately larger arms. I think I'm going to go with the second one, but incorporate a more hunched over gesture as the first one has. I don't plan on the logo being that precise or clean cut either, I'm going to have it actually more embedded within the creature's rocky chest with magma glowing and spurting out in areas.

In the final illustration I want this monstrous god to be roaming through a barren landscape void of all real life and any area around him or that he travels through will be turned into saturated plant life and have an oasis-like quality. I think this would accurately portray him as a god of nature.

Would love to get even more feedback before I really embark on a concrete design, so keep the critiques coming! :)

-DMD

BaronImpossible
04-22-2011, 10:10 AM
Nice designs, two and three are perhaps my preference. My only thought is that the nature scenario doesn't quite fit the idea of a god fit to battle all the other gods, or whatever the rules state exactly, plus he looks too mean. One idea might be to have him moving through a crown of inconspicuous creatures which are transformed into fearsome warrior beasts by his proximity (the nearer they are to him, the more beastly they become). That could make for an awesome composition. Again, just an idea, keep up the good work.

DeathMetalDan
04-22-2011, 01:39 PM
Baron - Thanks for the compliment, I chose to pursue the second one and I'm in the process of doing a front view for the modeling sheet, I'm pretty pleased with how it's going. Also, I must thank you for bringing that up about the scenario because it hadn't even crossed my mind, but you're absolutely right! At least I have time to think of a solution while I'm doing the modeling sheet.

Akiman
04-22-2011, 01:51 PM
Will you do that mountainish stuff on his back(hunchback?) . They look good ^^ . maybe more spiky version...dunno. This is coming along nicely ^^

DeathMetalDan
04-23-2011, 03:27 AM
Yep, I intend to have rock spire, mountain-esqe forms, and forestry on the back similar to the one that has no legs and is floating.

Here is my front view for the modeling sheet, more or less finished(but if you have any ideas it'd still be great to hear them!)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/Animeshinobi/Front.jpg

Now I will start on the profile view of the god! :)

Akiman
04-23-2011, 09:25 AM
Lookign good so far :) are those legs made of ice? and one another thing u can make the silouette a bit more far from humanoid volume(contours?) with rocks or other elements it might help u to upscale god and make him a bit more interesting. Its a pain tho ^^

CGTalk Moderation
04-23-2011, 09:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.