software supported:

Maya 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
3DSMax 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
modo 401 SP4-5, 501 SP1-SP2
Cinema4D R11, R12
Photoshop CS4 Extended, CS5 Extended

mirkoj
04-19-2011, 03:38 PM
and again not a little bit of Softimage love....

ace63
04-19-2011, 03:50 PM
Still waiting for Sofitmage support....

thecgguru
04-19-2011, 06:47 PM
Same her would be great to have softimage support.

JuanManuel
04-19-2011, 08:24 PM
No Lightwave love either, snif

ShaderOp
04-19-2011, 08:28 PM
+1 for Softimage support :)

Aeonsfall
04-19-2011, 09:10 PM
I am dying to see the Softimage support. Maybe not in my lifetime...

SheepFactory
04-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Awesome! I was just wondering earlier today when Maya 2012 support will be out. :)

R10k
04-20-2011, 06:55 AM
No doubt SI support will arrive at a point when good ol' version 7 will be ignored. Kinda pointless waiting for me.

That all said, a lot of Z4 is broken so it doesn't matter much either way.

Phrenzy84
04-20-2011, 01:37 PM
Maye it might be down to Autodesk regarding he XSI support. But who knows :shrug:

Q: Is the GoZ SDK available?
A: Yes! For any queries concerning the GoZ SDK please send an email to GoZSDK@pixologic.com. Include your first name, last name, company name and the application (including any in-house studio application) you would like to support.

Playing around with the PS stuff, painting in 3D with PS is kinda rubbish, but when you select the diffuse channel you can paint in flat 2d and that is super nice.

If you want to use projection then projection master with Zapplink is decent, but being able to paint in 2d with PS and then switch to Zb and see the update texture is welcomed in my eyes.

Though i am hoping future versions of zbrush with have some decent pixel painting capabilities, although ive heard its pretty much impossible because of the way everything is rendered in the viewport :sad:

Sil3
04-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Maye it might be down to Autodesk regarding he XSI support. But who knows :shrug:

Well it kinda shows the commitment that AD really has on Softimage doesn't it?

I mean one could understand that they didn't help to implement GoZ into any of their tools since they have Mudbox... but GoZ exists for the other boys (Maya and MAX) and not for Softimage...

/sarcasm ON
Oh i know i know Softimage has ICE...
/sarcasm OFF

Goz for PS can be useful for those with CS 4/5 Extended versions... others will have to keep resorting to other workflows for texture painting...

Phrenzy84
04-20-2011, 05:16 PM
Yeah though i think those who are really serious about texture painting and willing to invest in the tools. Then Mari or Bodypaint with PS is a must. But Mudbox's capabilities are getting ridiculously awesome in this area. So for the model/texture painter i can easily see why it is more appealing.

Props to Pixologic knowing there is a gap in zbrush texture abilities and trying to address them. Hope more improvements are on the way.

SheepFactory
04-20-2011, 05:40 PM
Well it kinda shows the commitment that AD really has on Softimage doesn't it?

No it kinda shows you have no idea who should develop the plugins. It is not Autodesk's responsibility to develop and maintain connection plugins with other apps, it is the job of the developer. Apparently pixologic doesnt feel like there is enough interest to warrant a softimage bridge. Why dont you guys try emailing them and asking for it?

Sil3
04-20-2011, 10:39 PM
If AD promoted more Softimage maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation ;)

But yes you are right, its Pixologic's responsability to develop their plugins to tie them up on other tools, but seems Softimage its not a priority and i can almost understand why, see first paragraph :p

mattmos
04-20-2011, 10:45 PM
I believe that there is a Softimage version in the works (thanks to a 3rd party) so hopefully we won't feel left out too long ;)

frog
04-21-2011, 08:14 AM
I think texture painting with Zbrush and Photoshop are both fairly acceptable IMO. The biggest problem in Photoshop is that the navigation is clunky, but the actual painting part works really well. In Zbrush you obviously have to subdivide the model to get decent resolution but that's no big deal.

I've used Bodypaint extensively in the past, and spent some time with the demo of Mari, and neither of them were significantly better for my needs to warrant the cost of purchase.

ace63
04-22-2011, 11:38 AM
No it kinda shows you have no idea who should develop the plugins. It is not Autodesk's responsibility to develop and maintain connection plugins with other apps, it is the job of the developer. Apparently pixologic doesnt feel like there is enough interest to warrant a softimage bridge. Why dont you guys try emailing them and asking for it?

Of course it is not Autodesks task to develop the plugins for their software, but they could surely do something to promote Softimage more.
Furthermore there were a lot of guys asking for a Softimage connection when GoZ first came out - without a single response from Pixologic. Softimage becomes stronger and stronger with every release, yet third party developers still seem to think the software is gonna be dropped by Autodesk sooner than later, so it is partly Autodesks fault aswell.

CGTalk Moderation
04-22-2011, 11:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.