PDA

View Full Version : Bioshock Inspired Lounge

Dragan01
04-18-2011, 06:55 AM
hey everyone, so i have been checking out a lot of the work on cgSociety for awhile, and this is going to be my first post on this forum. The following image is a Bioshock inspired Lounge. I was thinking of putting this into UDK afterwards, but i was wondering if i could get some advice that will help improve this piece, or that could help improve my assets for future projects.

anyways, hope to hear from you guys soon

here's what i have so far.

http://i811.photobucket.com/albums/zz35/dragan_mergelmeier/Finalrender_final-1.jpg

GeeDave
04-18-2011, 09:33 AM
Had I not known it was Bioshock inspired, that would have bee my first guess anyway, so grats on that. There does seem to be one major element that you've overlooked though... water!

From what I can see, the modelling looks good, textures are very nice and the lighting fits quite nicely.

Dragan01
04-18-2011, 05:49 PM
@geeDave - Thanks so much man, i was hoping that it would have the bioshock feel to it. I want to add some water into the scene, but i'm not sure on how i would approch to making realistic water similar to those they used in Bioshock.

ColdFusionGames
04-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Yeah definitely a Bioshock look. Good lighting and detail, very well done piece. :D

Dragan01
04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
@ColdFusionGames - Thanks a lot, appreciate the compliment. I'm trying to figure out the best approuch to making realistic water (for render beauty rather than for games). i was told to try real flow, but does anyone else have any other techniques?

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2011, 06:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.