PDA

View Full Version : Urgent! Student Project...

Anna6642
04-15-2011, 10:53 PM
I have just spent the last few hours setting up a simple rig on the spine of my character...I went to test it and it started spinning around and going crazy!! Yet a few minutes before that it was working fine?

This is my first rig and I need to finish this weekend! I also keep getting an error...

Warning:Cycle on 'upper_spine_CTRL.matrix.' may not evaluate as expected.

Anybody know what that means?

Everything started to go wrong when I tried parenting my IK joints to to my FK, but the first time I did it it worked perfectly and the rig moved the spine perfect! But then everything went funky and I've had to revert back to a previous save that pops up with that error and anything I do with the rig now makes it go mental!

Please help! I'm in Maya 2011!

x

hydron
04-16-2011, 02:49 AM
Means you have a cycle, meaning you have a something lets say X controlling a Y and that Y controls the X creating a cycle. You have to look at your hierarchy, sometimes the cycle can be over many different nodes say X -> Y -> Z -> X

Anna6642
04-16-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks, I'm starting again, I think I must have missed something in my tutorial.

Quick question though...Do you bin the joints to a character before or after you rig??

hydron
04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
you should always bind after you rig,

CGTalk Moderation
04-16-2011, 05:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.