PDA

View Full Version : weight maps and softimage

luisRiera
04-15-2011, 09:20 PM
Hi, I havent found videos who explain my problem, so here it goes

If I make a weight map onto an object, lets use a sphere to illustrate, and start painting, whenever I use the S key and drag my pen to rotate my view to paint the back side of the sphere, the weight map dissapears and then reappears again when I stop rotating/paning/zooming the view.

That little issue makes a little difficult to correctly follow my weight maps, Is that normal or do I have to upgrade my really old videocard or there is a setting I must activate?

software:
windows 7 ultimate 64 bits, softimage 2011 64 bit (2012 coming soon).
hardware:
i7 920 2 gb ram
nvidia 7300 gt

(coming soon an HP Z800 with 6 gb ram and a nvidia quadro)

RebelPixel
04-15-2011, 09:33 PM
press shift+S in your camera view or use the "eye" icon to browse to visibility option, in the PPG look for Attributes tab enable "Property Maps" in both columns

luisRiera
04-16-2011, 05:50 PM
Still doesnt work, as soon as I hit S to navigate I stop seeing the weight map until I press the W key again. I tried navigating with the viewcube but its the same. Basically as I switch from W to S im leaving the weight map paint tool momentarily as the program works correctly by changing the view, but what I like to do is keep seeing my weight map while Im navigating my object, so I can properly follow my painting.

I should frap this to clarify my question.

bottleofram
04-16-2011, 07:50 PM
It should work. Maybe you were in wireframe mode when you enabled weight map property? Or is it another bug with 2012? :surprised

PiotrekM
04-16-2011, 11:02 PM
there is no bug in 2012. it works as expected, that is weight map is always visible in view.

RebelPixel
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
be sure to be in shaded mode, select object, property -> weight map
shift + s -> attributes -> property maps

it works here (it works even if yuo are in wireframe anyway)
dont know why it doesnt work for you:/

luceric
04-17-2011, 03:00 PM
if the user clicked that option while in the weight paint tool, he just turned it off instead of on. you need to do it from the S tool

luisRiera
04-17-2011, 05:19 PM
Thanks guys, its working. Now it shows correctly the weight map when I navigate altough the weight map is dimmed (less bright) during "S".

bottleofram
04-17-2011, 09:30 PM
altough the weight map is dimmed (less bright) during "S".

Dont think thats gonna bother you, but if it does, just observe what happens with a display mode (viewports upper right corner) while you're navigating and you'll get a grip of why it gets dimmed and how to prevent it.

luisRiera
04-18-2011, 12:38 AM
mmm I bet is the headlight... im going to try it now.

edit.. constant view.. now I understand. Thank you guys!

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2011, 12:38 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.