PDA

View Full Version : Perixx tablet is unresponsive in the center

MtFR
04-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Hi. My Perixx Peritab 301 tablet is unresponsive in the center, in a circular area of around 5 cm diameter. The pen movement as it hovers is unaffected, but the problem is that if I start pressing the pen from that area, it immediately freezes/does nothing on screen, no matter to where I move (while holding pressed) the pen on the tablet. Only when I release it it will refresh the cursor position. Outside of that area, pressing the pen works as it should.

I've used the tablet for about 30-40 hours in total since I have it and I guess that area, being in the center, is the most used one, the place where I start all my brush strokes from. But I never pressed hard or crashed it or some crazy stuff like that.

Should I open it up and look inside?

olson
04-15-2011, 06:41 PM
I'd try contacting their support first before opening it up. Likely even if you do open it up there won't be anything an average user can fix.

earwax69
04-15-2011, 11:01 PM
Yes, if its new, contact your seller. You would probably void your warranty by opening it.

MtFR
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I forgot to mention that returning it for warranty is not an option. I received the tablet as a gift, and it was bought online from a different country :(

Is this sort of failure common? And I was wondering about the life time of a tablet, 30-40 hours must be incredibly short, isn't it?

DanielWray
04-18-2011, 12:33 AM
I don't think this type of tablet used the same contact/ induction method as more expensive tablets, so I don't think it'll be a problem with the hardware as there are usually four+ points around the tablet that are to determine the pens position.

Maybe it's a driver issue, try changing drivers if possible. If this doesn't work contact support and hopefully they will be able to determine if it's a hardware defect with out you voiding your warranty, it 'should' be covered by a manufacturers warranty and if it is a hardware defect they should, I'd imagine, be liable to replace it.

CGTalk Moderation
04-18-2011, 12:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.