PDA

View Full Version : question:anyway to change painter 8.0 hotkey?

X-NoIsE
10-23-2003, 02:52 PM
I master photoshop...and always use hotkey to work..
painter 8.0 release... I have a good reason to use painter now. :)
coz it so close photoshop...

but unfortunate....photoshop hotkey and painter8.0 hotkey have few different....

such lke ..."Z"... i always use Z in photoshop to do the zoom....but in paiter.. -___+a! scissors! -___+!!!

and the hotkey for zoom in painter is "M"....

@$%#%&$&..........I have to say...it's a great war in my brain "hotkey" arena.....

everytime I want to zoom and don't want to "brain war"..I have to use "ctr"+"+" or "-" to zoom in /out...in painter..

anyone can tell me .....anyway to change painter hotkey?

Jinbrown
10-23-2003, 06:54 PM
Hi,

You won't be able to change fixed keyboard shortcuts in Painter to make them match Photoshop's.

You can, however, program the F and Shift+F keys to do things.

Don't worry, you'll soon get used to switching from one program to another. It can be done with a little time and a lot of practice.

Most programs are different from each other in many ways and it shouldn't be too much of a surprise to find Photoshop and Painter different. They weren't even created by the same company.

I think people who use both programs are lucky they are as similar as they are, considering their focus is not the same.. Photoshop for photo manipulation.. Painter for art.

Good luck.

X-NoIsE
10-24-2003, 02:49 AM
:rolleyes:

thx Jinbrown .I will try more

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.