PDA

View Full Version : Aspiring painter wanting to paint landscapes

DontBlinkx182x
04-14-2011, 04:37 PM
I currently work in the 3D industry but have always been fond of traditional paintings/going to art galleries etc. Ive always been afraid to jump into the color realm (as Ive always just used pencil to draw or sketch) and it seemed pretty intimidating personally.

I have been using photoshop for a long time but I wanted something that felt a little more natural in the computer world. I stumbled upon Corel Painter and love the fluid feel and realism it has to what I think you go through as a traditional painter.

I do very much love landscape painting and would greatly appreciate if anyone could turn me in the right direction in learning how to paint landscapes/understand atmosphere and depth in colors/ and also just overall color theory/harmonies/contrasts etc.

Thanks for your time and I hope to see some responses! :arteest:

Lunatique
04-15-2011, 05:03 AM
What you're asking for is like an entire course on the critical foundations of art, in the context of landscape painting. It's impossible to convey all that in a forum post, since it involves a wide range of topics and knowledge and technique. Have you looked in the sticky threads yet? There are lots of tutorials that cover the foundational knowledge, as well as more advanced and esoteric topics. You might as want to take a look at the workshop I'm teaching (in my signature).

CGTalk Moderation
04-15-2011, 05:03 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.