PDA

View Full Version : Making a river. help plz

Wanan
04-13-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi all,

I and modeling an outdoor scene and want to have a river passing through the landscape. I would like to avoid fluids if possible because they seem to take a long time to get setup and render out (correct me if you know how to make them a lot less intensive) so I was wondering if anyone had some other ideas on how to get a decent looking river or could point me in the right direction for some tutorials.

Quadart
04-15-2011, 12:16 PM
If you are looking for a 3d app specific solution then this is the wrong forum for an answer, as the sticky above indicates.

Is this going to be a still image or an animated scene? A little more information would help. A sketch, at the very least, would help determine any advised solutions. For example, is the viewer on the river or viewing it from a distant elevated place like a building, hill or aircraft?

Lunatique
04-19-2011, 04:32 AM
Please clarify what 3D app is your main tool, and I'll move this thread to that app's forum.

CGTalk Moderation
04-19-2011, 04:32 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.