PDA

View Full Version : Getting the inside group out from voronoi fracture node

blur959
04-13-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi all, I am trying to emit particles from a voronoi fracture simulation. My first idea was to emit particles from the inside group of the voronoi fracture. But the problem is that the dynamics which is done in the dopnetwork is way down the hierarchy after the voronoi fracture node. And I wanted the particles to only emit after the dynamics. But when I tried putting a delete node after the dopnetwork to delete everything except the inside group, I couldn't. The problem is that when I tried searching for the "inside" group or even typing the "inside" out, the error is that the inside group couldn't be found.

I attached a hip file, to further explain the problem. Hope you guys could help. Many thanks!

Sorry about that guys, the attached file is in the link below:

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_forum&Itemid=172&page=viewtopic&t=21994

rjw
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
You have a Clean SOP removing the inside group as you specified. There is no inside group being fed in to the simulation so no inside group to remove. Remove the "inside" from the Clean and everything works.

The yellow hash around the node icon is not an error but a warning. Middle mouse on the icon and in the node info you will see that it is telling you that there is no inside group as you found out.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2011, 12:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.