PDA

View Full Version : QQ on Rotation

Trebot88
04-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Hey this is my first post, Ive had this problem in most my characters heads

I have this character
I parent constrained the neck control.

The Verts are all and only on 1.000 to the head joint at the very top.

Why Does the head squoosh at a rotation on 90 in the Y.. if i rotate the head 180 It is normal again

If I rotate in the X I also have the problem
http://i56.tinypic.com/2qlwwgx.jpg

KohnarForever
04-13-2011, 07:57 PM
I believe your problem is related to binding in Maya 2011. You may have set your bind settings to "Post" which means that you can go over a 1.0 in weighting. You might need to set your bind settings (found on the Paint Skin Weights window near the top next to "Normalize Weights") to Interactive so that it updates with each stroke.

Trebot88
04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
Greatful for your response, This is very Interesting, I have found that I do have the brush set to post.

I did not however use the brush tool for the head, I selected all the verts and went to the component editor and weighted all the verts to the head with 1.0 manually.

I have turned to Interactive and all the weights seem to be reset. I Went back and 1.0 the head verts and now when I rotate the head Weighted 1.0 to the head joint it stretches the head out instead of In.

CGTalk Moderation
04-13-2011, 08:38 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.