PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Wing with nCloth in Maya

squarefighter
04-12-2011, 02:36 PM
Anybody know how this guy made his nCloth wing?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6fUaurdFho

I don't know how to get joints to work with nCloth like that. If anybody could direct me to some tutorials for maya on that topic I would really appreciate it. I'm trying to rig up a dragon wing.

squarefighter
04-12-2011, 03:02 PM
So I got the points on the bones of the geometry transform constrained to the joints of the rig, which seems to work. But it doesn't really blend well. Is there a way to blend the weight on those connected vertices?

mtucker2
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
Actually, if you rig the wing normally without cloth, then make the geometry nCloth you can dial the INPUT MESH ATTRACT attribute to 1. This will cause the geometry to follow the rig you create. Finally, you can then PAINT VERTEX properties > Input Attract. 0 will cause it be influenced completely by the nCloth, and 1 will be the rig. So you can paint all the fleshy skin flaps closer to 0 (black) to get your desired effect.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2011, 07:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.