PDA

View Full Version : my demo reel

rslm81
04-11-2011, 09:49 AM
all in one

MY DEMO REEL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPC-1y30fCQ)

InKraBid
04-11-2011, 08:20 PM
Your reel is .. well, my first thought was "cĄ%p". 5000 pictures blasted by and I dont know any more about your work.
In a reel, you pick a few really good works and give the audience time to evaluate them. Noone will be amazed by how many works you have if they arent finished and presented well.

To be more constructive: As I could tell, you have 8 really good finished car designs that you can show first. If you want to show the sketchbook, pick something like 10 - 15 diverse and special designs - dont bother with the sketches. Dont show anything that isnt ready for real close scrutiny. Do the same with the concept art section.

You seem to have a really well developed automotive design portfolio, I would focus on this, and just show other concepts as a byline.

So, deep breath.. open your editor.. and action. :)

rslm81
04-12-2011, 02:55 AM
I don't wanna even look at it anymore :-)

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-pYQ6t8apWUs/TaO-K_8jciI/AAAAAAAACMc/1Iofm-QwplA/s1600/ae_sample.jpg

InKraBid
04-12-2011, 07:10 AM
hehe, I see that has been a huge workload :)
But remember that this new reel will have a lot less pictures, be a lot more manageable, and I think a lot more fun to do. Just scratch the whole thing and make a new, Im pretty sure it will be worth it :cool:

PS: To make it more manageable, you can put one image in track 1, the next in track 2, then go back to track1. Then you dont need a hundred tracks.

Obraxis
04-14-2011, 07:57 AM
Yeah dude, flashing all of your car work ever on screen in a short amount of time, I have no clue what you can do.

If I were to freeze-frame every now and then, I'd notice something good.

But recruiters dont want to have to step through every frame of your showreel. They dont have the time.

Just show off a few of your best without all the cuts.

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2011, 07:57 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.