PDA

View Full Version : Maya: Skinning with single mesh model.

Dragoshi
04-09-2011, 10:18 AM
Please keep in mind, I am *very* new to modelling/rigging.

I have this mesh that was made in zbrush with the hope that I would be able to rig/skin it as a complete mesh. I'm not quite sure how to do this (or if it is possible), because all the tutorials I have watched have separate body parts, while I'm working with a complete model. When I do try to skin, it uhh... attaches the WHOLE body to the one joint?

Picture of the Mesh
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5839364/rigginghelp.png

nuternativ
04-12-2011, 02:02 PM
To bind a mesh to multiple joint you have to choose 'selected joint' from the smooth bind option box. This will let you select as many joints as you like, select your mesh last, hit apply. Else, choosing joint hierachy in the option box will bind your mesh to your selected joint and all its child joint.

Micala
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
So, does that mean it's easier to bind a mesh to a few joints at a time as opposed to trying to bind the mesh to the entire rig and then paint on weights? This is my first time really rigging anything too.

CGTalk Moderation
04-20-2011, 05:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.