PDA

View Full Version : Jim's DirtStamp Painter Brushes

DarkMantid
10-23-2003, 03:54 AM
Hi Guys I had a busy weekend and created some Dirt stamp Brushes for Painter .. (19 in all )

They are pretty good for making dirt maps and 3d maps and some painterly effects aswell

I thought id share them with you guys!

Below is my post to my all time favourite painter forum Critical depth !

( the brushes i made were for painter 8 ... although in the thread someone converted them to painter 7 and hosted them .. see thread )

http://www.critical-depth.net/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=1158

( go to the downloads link up the top ! for the p8 ones the p7 converted ones are somewhere in the thread i think )

enjoy

(ps for the life of me i tried to get the preview of the brushes down to 20 k but man its damn hard !! i dont know how you guys get any images to attatch at all !! )

tayete
10-23-2003, 05:05 PM
Thanks a lot, they seem quite interesting. I've downloaded them and will use as soon as my PC comes back from repairing :(

Jinbrown
10-23-2003, 07:01 PM
DarkMantid,

The "someone" who translated your brush variants for Painter 7 is me.. Jinny Brown.

You're welcome. ;)

The Painter 7 version can be downloaded here:

Jims_Dirt_Stamps_P7.zip (http://www.pixelalley.com/painterforum-indepth/Jims_Dirt_Stamps_P7.zip)

Extract the Zip directly into the following folder:

Painter 7 > Brushes

They should also be useable in Painter 8 if you have both versions. For Painter 8, extract the Zip into the following folder:

Corel > Corel Painter 8 > Brushes

DarkMantid
10-24-2003, 12:32 AM
:) whoops sorry Jinny !

The wonderfully kind person who translated them was indeed Jinny !!!!!!!!

hehe

Jinbrown
10-24-2003, 07:20 AM
:wavey:

Zeddicus
10-25-2003, 07:33 AM
Thanks for these brushes, their really great. I've found them to be especially good for doing trees, which is one of the things I'm practicing in Painter at the moment. Was having trouble at first using normal brushes, but with your brushes I'm one step closer to my goal of doing something that is actually half way realistic. :)

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.