PDA

View Full Version : PF Match it - Multiple Cameras Help

miguellush
04-07-2011, 07:51 AM
Hi. I have a sequence of 23 shots, all of which were shot at the same location. I want to track every single camera, not only in relationship to the tracking points, but in relationship to each other, so that when i solve my cameras, I can have them all in 3D space in the correct position, and when brought to my 3D application, i only have to make one scene, and adjust the scale, position, and rotation once.

I am using PF Match It, which as far as I am concerned has the capability of tracking multiple cameras, however I am not getting the desired results.

I bring every single shot into my tree view, and an autotrack node to each one indiviually, track it, and then connect every single autotrack node into a user track node, where i set up a couple (3 to be specific - I wish i could use more, but in 23 cameras moving around can be hard to find many features in common) of common features, then add a camera solver node, connecting the 23 upouts, however some of my cameras don't work at all....

Has anyone ever done this? Am I doing it correctly?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

neo420
04-07-2011, 11:51 AM
WoW!!! even i like to see how its done. Any1 done this before?

miguellush
04-07-2011, 12:37 PM
I think I've made it.
I just tried with only 9 shots (it takes a lot of time to try an track them all, and then find out it didn't work).

I used an auto track on every single on of my shots, got the tracking right, made sure nothing was sliding.... after that i connected all my inputs into a a user track, and was able to track 7 features that were common in all my clips.

After that, each clip was then solved individually, and using the Align Camera, alignedn them to one of the clips (i chose the longest one) which had been previously oriented, and it seems to work pretty well...

Now time to try them on all my 23 shots!

miguellush
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
http://i53.tinypic.com/rr3xv4.jpg

This is my latest test, which seems to give decent results

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.