PDA

View Full Version : distance node

turtlemaster
04-06-2011, 03:57 AM
I"m trying to do a stretchy ik. and i'm following a tutorial online. I'm supposed to connect the distance in the distance node to the inputx in the multiplyDivide node. But distance is not showing up under the distance node. does anyone know whats going on? i'm kind of a newbie...

http://area.autodesk.com/userdata/forum/d/distancenode.png

cgerzuno
04-07-2011, 02:29 AM
you need some change...

if you want connection distanceNode to divideNode ..

Put in Leftside ( Distance Node )

Put in Rightside ( MultiplyDivide Node )

then you will show Some Attribute....

I"m trying to do a stretchy ik. and i'm following a tutorial online. I'm supposed to connect the distance in the distance node to the inputx in the multiplyDivide node. But distance is not showing up under the distance node. does anyone know whats going on? i'm kind of a newbie...

http://area.autodesk.com/userdata/forum/d/distancenode.png

neverendinghallways
04-07-2011, 02:46 AM
I'm a fan of making connections using the connection editor.
1). In the hypershade, shift+middle mouse drag the distance node over the multiplyDivide node.
2). The connection editor will pop up with the distance node on the left column (labeled "Outputs") and the multiplyDivide node on the right column (labeled "Inputs"). On the left, find the 'distance' attribute, and click on it. It will become highlighted.
3). On the right column, click on the plus sign next to the 'input1' attribute. This will expand it to reveal input1X, Y, and Z. Click on 'input1X'.
4). Now both 'distance' and 'input1X' are highlighted and italicized. The connection is made and the line is drawn in the hypershade.

Good luck! Stretchy IK is fun. Don't forget to switch your multiplyDivide node to 'divide' mode in the attribute editor (for most methods of stretchy IK).

turtlemaster
04-07-2011, 03:09 AM
what happened was i had distancedimension group node instead of distancedimensionShape

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2011, 03:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.