PDA

View Full Version : How do I mirror a bone's rotation in 3DS?

Verinince
04-04-2011, 04:01 PM
Hello, I know how to mirror a bone along the "X" axis using the mirror option in the bones tool pallete, and I know how to position it in the correct place. For some reason, looking at my mirrored leg, it's different in its rotation, both legs consist of a thighbone, knee, shin, ankle, ball, and end bone. Apon looking at the top view, where my ball bone should be pointed out toward the middle toe, it's instead pointed more in the direction of the pinky toe. How is it possible that I mirrored it in the "X" axis, and it's not 100% perfect, it's almost perfect, but not.
My character is perfectly centered in my scene, how do I get a perfect mirrored opposite of my left leg. I need it perfect, thank you.

eek
04-04-2011, 04:18 PM
You got any scale on these joints? The only reason i see is that theres difference in the parent space.

Verinince
04-04-2011, 10:57 PM
You got any scale on these joints? The only reason i see is that theres difference in the parent space.

No, I have not adjusted the scale on these joints at all. Also, do you know why applying an HI solver is cuasing my bones to shift?

eek
04-04-2011, 11:19 PM
No, I have not adjusted the scale on these joints at all. Also, do you know why applying an HI solver is cuasing my bones to shift?

Are they off-plane? - i.e do they all fall on the same plane? Are they all straight?

Verinince
04-05-2011, 08:53 PM
Are they off-plane? - i.e do they all fall on the same plane? Are they all straight?

The bones? No, they are slightly curved to fit the mesh, is that okay?

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2011, 08:53 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.