PDA

View Full Version : Particles speed ( slow motion )

bersu
04-03-2011, 07:44 PM
hey,, im starting to use pflow ,, and i need some help on how to make the spawned particles go in slow motion,, i got my emitter following a spline ,, particles are moving too fast and i want them to move really slow ,, i placed a drag in the force operator but that doesnt seem to make hardly any difference so if anyone could point me in the right direction ill thank you :)

scrimski
04-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Extend the timing between keyframes, reduce all forces and speed operators.

Posting a screenshot of your flow so we can see what you did would be helpful too.

JohnnyRandom
04-04-2011, 09:08 PM
Spawn Test -> Speed: Inherited % =< 100.0 :)

You can control the amount of inherited speed that a newly spawned particle gets by adjusting this value to less than 100 %, for faster than the parent particle use a value greater than 100%.

If it is something different, yes, post a screenshot of the flow ;)

bersu
04-05-2011, 04:03 PM
spawn test or speed test?? i tried that but i dont have the spawn test.

ps : i attached the 3dmax file.

ps2: totally another question: anyone knows how to hand animate a path using a tablet ??? or knows a tutorial that shows how too?? like this http://vimeo.com/9291559

Im dying to know how can i use my tablet to make a spline ( path for the emitter) that syncs with the audio ,, using the pen and tablet of course.

JohnnyRandom
04-05-2011, 10:24 PM
Here is an updated scene. Just a couple of things:

1. You can only use a PhysX Force operator when you have a PhysX World helper attached to the flow.

2. One drag with a lower value should be more than enough, also Drag has an active range parameter that needs to be set to the duration you wish it active.

3. In most cases when you use a constant speed operator (like speed/random walk/speed by surface/ect) you want to influence the particles then pass them off into a new event and then stop them.

:)

bersu
04-11-2011, 07:00 PM
and how do i get the particles to go from slow motion to fast motion and on.... i mean no the spawn but the already generated particles that are floating

JohnnyRandom
04-12-2011, 02:52 AM
The Parent particles?

Age Test into a new event with another influence op?

From slow to fast either animate the the influence % or the spacewarps/operators speed/strength vale from 0.0 to whatever.

You can loop them back through the Random Walk ->Drag events loop too.

Or just do it in post if that will work.

CGTalk Moderation
04-12-2011, 02:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.