PDA

View Full Version : Scatter ???

Marley
06-04-2002, 07:44 PM
Hi there ...

well ... first of ... SoftImage sure is great ... switching to it from max might not be a pleasure right away ... but it works =)

now i was wondering if there's anything like the scatter object in max. to create grass for example. i ended up doing this with hair in XSI 2 ... but how would i do it in XSI 1.5 ???

for those who dont know ... scattering in max scatters an objekt x times on a specific surface (bla bla bla...)

and please dont tell me to write an expression =)
(i've heard that one)

thanks for any replies ... appreciate

Marley
+++

eugene_fraxby
06-05-2002, 08:58 AM
try these....

http://www.softimage.com/xsinet/content/addons/Modeling/Duplic_Instance/Scatter_v2_2/Scatter.vbs

http://www.softimage.com/xsinet/content/addons/Modeling/Duplic_Instance/os_uvdup_1/os_uvdup_1.vbs

enjoy

a

arvid
06-05-2002, 11:17 AM
You can always select a bunch of objects and type r(100) in the X and Z boxes for example to randomly place the objects within a 100x100 unit area

r() = randomize, works in about every numerical input box

Vic3k
06-05-2002, 12:08 PM
opacity he is talking about scuttering on surface which might be very deformed. the rendom thing you say is not the solution. i used that function in max though i find it useless. i mean why would you do it if you got hair for gress and stuff....
btw i hope it soon will be posible to sub the hair with custom textures with alpha maps, say you can make different varying gress.....

arvid
06-05-2002, 12:10 PM
I know, but it's worth knowing.

You can use an image to control the density/length of the hair afaik

Vic3k
06-05-2002, 12:36 PM
yes but what i mean about hair is something like redomize for it where you can substitude different pics with alpha maps for sertain rendom hairs and so on. so like you have hair on the plane and they are all veirided in shape, the actuall shaped made of images. somethign like ataching objects or sprites to particles.

Marley
06-05-2002, 12:42 PM
that helped me out ...

i knew about that randomise thing before and used it to make some grass and plants on a flat surface ... but now i got hills and stuff so it didnt work out with the alignment.

i'll post that image here as soon i finish ...

stay tuned for more questions =)
(in fact i have on in mind right now)

cu
+++

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 07:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.