PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - 2D - mashina - God of resilience

mashina
04-01-2011, 07:13 PM
CONCEPT:
An experimental program became paranoid, got hold of a mechanical body and overtook a military lab. After innumerable upgrades and part replacements his body evolved into a fighting machine with humanoid design (for political abilities). Constantly in stealth mode, usually enters an area after having it carpet bombed.

http://forums.cgsociety.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=160808&stc=1

Ian-F-McIntosh
04-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Sounds like a really cool idea. I like the colors you went with, which seem like they would work well with the whole military lab experiment thing. If I were you I would try to find ways to push it over the top and really make him insanely powerfull looking. He has reached the level of god after all and isn no longer merely a science experiment.

mashina
04-05-2011, 01:48 AM
I have spent dozens of hours designing some gear but none of it has this initial sketch quality. He will be be covered in some forcefield with minimum armor and exposed hitech. Id love some ideas for the context and background of the final shot.
So far I was thinking: 1.standing in moonlight in a damaged building surveilling a smoking target at long distance 2.getting out of an invisible car 3.surveiling over desert out of a helicopter door
Some guys here are insanely good illustrators... I am finishing a degree in architecture and my detailing skills are limited so I might not be able to finish this:) Thanx for your comment.

Ian-F-McIntosh
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
If you've got some designs for gear that you've made you should post it up so we can check it out! I think he could definitely benefit from lots and lots of gear and weapons all over his body. If I were you I would do a little research on those new robotic exoskeletons that are starting to be developed that allow a soldier to carry hundreds of pounds.

I like your first idea for the background the best, I would go with that. Maybe he has a remote detonator that he has just used to initiate a massively huge explosion off in the distance which is still expanding (mushroom clouds are cool). I think the invisible car thing might be hard to pull off successfully but maybe you know a good way to do it. Helicopter would be cool too.

You've got a good start on him. The more you work on it the more good ideas will just come to you. I wouldn't try to over think it, just jump into the painting and see where it takes you. You can always go back and change things that aren't working for you.

CGTalk Moderation
04-05-2011, 09:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.