PDA

View Full Version : How to duplicate an Ecosystem?

EvilRyu
04-01-2011, 05:02 AM
Hi there.

I'm a new user of Vue-9, using actually xstream with 3dsmax 2011. All worked fine, since I tried to duplicate a surface with a painting of plants on it.

The surface is actually duplicating fine, but without the plants.

So... I was wondering if there is a way to duplicate a surface and the ecosystem on it.

Thanks a lot.

ER

SandeepMaithani
04-02-2011, 08:52 AM
try copying material instead..it will ask u if u wish to copy the ecosystem as well...just say yes ..let me know if it works..
cheers
Sandy

EvilRyu
04-02-2011, 06:23 PM
try copying material instead..it will ask u if u wish to copy the ecosystem as well...just say yes ..let me know if it works..
cheers
Sandy

Thanks for your tip, but can you explain me exactly how to copy the material? I didn't find how to... :s

SandeepMaithani
04-08-2011, 11:37 AM
i just tried it on max 2010 and it worked just fine. Try this
select the object on which u hv ecosystem painted and choose copy from the edit menu. choose paste again and see if u get the copy of the terrain with ecosystem painted on it.
let me know

cheers

sandy

EvilRyu
04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your reply. Sadly, it didn't work. I've followed your instructions, but it still copy only the surface without the ecosystem.

You can check the scene HERE (http://evilryu.streetfighter-fr.com/files/ecosystem_duplicate.zip)

Hope you'll find a solution

bruno021
04-14-2011, 08:43 AM
If the materail was never an ecosystem material (meaning that ecosystem was painted the first tiem without using the material editor), then the ecosystem isn't part of the material. But if you started by creating an ecosystem material in the material editor, and then painted, the material can be saved and reused. You'll just need to populate again. Be aware that it will not look 100% similar, eco populations have a random factor, even more so when using solidgrowth plants, since they have embedded variations.

SandeepMaithani
04-14-2011, 12:58 PM
bruno is right..if u want to copy paste ecosystems, create them at material level..dont just paint them

CGTalk Moderation
04-14-2011, 12:58 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.