PDA

View Full Version : Walker robot animation

RicoChet
10-22-2003, 07:43 PM
Hi everyone

Im not sure if this can relate to everyone here but back in the day this game called Mechwarrior 2 came out and one of the most amazing things about that game (even though the game sorta sucked) was intro animation done by Digital Domain and that inspired me to make my own mech.. if I had any webspace i would upload the picture but I dont :(

Now the only problem is I have no idea how they animated the Timberwolfs main walk cycle because as it was walkign the head was bobbing up and down, giving the feeling it was REALLY heavy and stomping on the grounds as it ran. The hip joints also moved correctly in the fact that when it took a step the hip joint moved up so that the leg could move forward ETC...

Im wondering if all these movements have to be manually keyframed, or if there is some kind of standard that I can follow here..

Im very interested in trying to make a walk cycle, I havent had any experience using bones so If anyone could recommend a good website or tutorial that is related to this topic, that would be AWESOME.

Thanks again!!
-R

nottoshabi
10-22-2003, 08:19 PM
This will put you on the right path...

www.learningmaya.com

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.