PDA

View Full Version : fahrenheit digital tut question

Thios
03-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Hello every1,

Im new in rigging and have been trying to complete the "rigging for feature animation" tutorial, by Fahrenheit Digital. I don't know exactly where my problems begin but i'll try to explain my situation as much as possible...so hopefully someone can help me with this...

when i create the ik_handle of the 2-joint scap_ik chain, the rotate plane solver points towards the z axes of the 2-joint chain, and when i apply the pole vector constrain, the local rotation axes of the 2-joint chain changes(90 degrees on x). which shouldn't happen...

Explaining further: step by step everything has been great until this happened:

After building the ik_handle of the 2-joint scap_ik chain, (which is possitioned exactly where the multi_clavicle_joint bone is), and after constraining(pole vector) the scapula_pole_vector_locator to the ik_handle, (which is: oriented to the 1st joint, of the 2-joint scap_ik chain & translated up in space), the 2-joint scap_ik chain gives me a rotation of 90 degrees on x. which is an undesired result. Should the local rotation axes of the 2-joint scap_ik chain change when i apply the pole vector constrain?

how do i stop this from happening?

Thios
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
this is what my problem is:
http://rigging-in-maya.blogspot.com/2011/04/riggingissues1.html

could someone explain to me what im doing wrong?

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2011, 11:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.