PDA

View Full Version : Desert

hardy-guardy
03-31-2011, 08:44 AM
Hi!
My new image about desert power plant.
I used Vue for creation canyon rocks and for buildings.

http://features.cgsociety.org/newgallerycrits/g66/184466/184466_1301476465_large.jpg
Critics and comments welcome!

JJASSO
04-03-2011, 02:37 AM
I like the concept and colors, also the integration is really cool and the attention to detail as well, but the composition is not, center focal node makes an image boring , why? because your eye don't travel much or at all, you just see the center city and there's no much to see, I would try something different, with the same concept try a different layout , it will make it more interesting , also how do people get to the city? roads? streets? bridges? think about this as this is real, some of that red from the rocks could be reflecting in the metal structures or windows , maybe some color variation between buildings, all the structures look the same color and texture, it looks monochrome
hope this helps

hardy-guardy
04-03-2011, 11:07 AM
Hi Jaime
Many thanks for your time and for really useful comments about image!
This image is one of several matte shots for our upcoming documentary movie and that's a reason why I used central composition on this shots. Our director want to see the station in the center of frame (((. I know, composition based on rule of third is much better but...
I have another variant of this shot. More aerial camera view

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/6500/desert2a.jpg

I will add some lights on windows and texture to walls to make buildings more different each other as you recommend. I think it will really help.
Thanks a lot!
Alex

Rockhoppermedia
04-03-2011, 04:06 PM
the last image is definately better. Also you have missed out on a optical illusion on the first one with the tall tower. I can not find out what its called on the web, but an extremely tall post or pillar against the horizon always looks bowed towards camera. You probably dont realise it, just looks wrong on the first one. banging my head on what the phenomena is called. Once you know about it you actually see it a lot more.

however the second is what I would have liked.

thanks for sharing.

Rich

hardy-guardy
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
Thanks Rich.
I don't see optical illusion are you mean, but I will try find information about this phenomenon. Thanks for advice!

CGTalk Moderation
04-03-2011, 04:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.