PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know an AD reseller in ME?

ShaderOp
03-31-2011, 05:42 AM
My subscription is about to expire and I'm unable to find a local Autodesk authorized reseller. The one that got assigned to me is in the UAE and they don't even have a phone number listed.

So can any kind soul out there point me at a reseller that is able to do business in the Middle East? Preferably one that can accept credit card payments or PayPal and who wouldn't mind handling the paper work for a single license?

And while I'm on the subject, I'll rant a bit and add that it would be nice if Autodesk would acknowledge the fact that some of the people paying for their products are not studios with multiple licenses that require an account manager, a reseller, and all that jazz. Would be nice if people like me could renew online directly though AD.

Thanks for the help everyone.

Hirazi
03-31-2011, 07:35 AM
I assume you've seen this page: Autodesk Resellers—Saudi Arabia (http://international.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=2189735&id=7302818). This lists four addresses. With none of them Softimage is listed explicitly, but this could merely be the "normal" oversight.
I would contact one of them and explain your situation... ;)

ShaderOp
03-31-2011, 07:45 AM
I assume you've seen this page: Autodesk Resellers—Saudi Arabia (http://international.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=2189735&id=7302818). This lists four addresses. With none of them Softimage is listed explicitly, but this could merely be the "normal" oversight.
I would contact one of them and explain your situation... ;)
Thanks. I had contacted two of them. After explaining to one at length what Softimage is, they told me they can't help me. The other one said the same, but said they would make an exception for me, in exchange for triple the typical renewal fees.

I would go further down the list, but the first two attempts weren't encouraging at all. Ideally I would prefer to deal with someone who doesn't need 10 days of rest and relaxation between every single email before telling to buzz off and who doesn't attempt to extort me for being stupid enough to pay for my software.

Hirazi
03-31-2011, 08:06 AM
Having looked around a little more (no, I don't have anything better to do :argh: ), using this search (http://international.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/partner/search?siteID=2189735&id=7346761) it seems "Omnix Saudi" is listed specifically as an Autodesk Softimage reseller.
But other than that, you're best bet probably is filling out this form (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=12338355)
or contact the Autodesk Middle East offices in Dubai listed at the bottom of this page (http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=304741)
and let them advise you how to proceed...
;)

ShaderOp
03-31-2011, 08:20 AM
Thanks Man. I decided there's nothing else I could do at the moment except spam all resellers on that list you posted. Having done that, now I'll have to wait until after the weekend for all of them to decide not to reply to my emails. Then I'll have to cold-call them one by one, suffer through phone operators who can't speak Arabic nor English, get transferred to people who are not at their desks, go through that a few times until someone actually bothers to be at work, explain to them what Softimage is and that it is indeed an Autodesk product, wait through the awkward silence when I tell them it's just one license, and then never hear from them again.

Awesome.

Hirazi
03-31-2011, 08:25 AM
Understood! But filling in the aforementioned webform could speed up things & couldn't harm anyone (as you are already "prepared" to wait...)
;)

Hirazi
03-31-2011, 09:13 AM
But: the easiest way, if you're willing to deal with the reseller Autodesk assigned to you, would probably be to go to the Subscription Center > Contract Administration > Coverage report > Contact Reseller and fill in that little webform...
(Now, why didn't I think of that earlier... :lightbulb )

Rez007
03-31-2011, 03:13 PM
I would call Autodesk directly. I know when my subscription was about to run out, Autodesk actually called me directly asking if I wanted to renew, and that my reseller would still get the credit. I am sure if you called them that they could work out something with you - you could probably renew right over the phone, like I had the option of doing if I wanted to...

(Single License user as well)

Hirazi
03-31-2011, 03:23 PM
The only (and sadly not insignificant) difference being the country where you live... ;)
I assume the phone number listed on the AD|SI site is meant for North-America and Canada only,
just like their offer to "let Autodesk call you". But it might be worth a try also.

Bellsey
03-31-2011, 09:13 PM
I have sent you a pvt message with some details that might help.

Regarding the AD site, the numbers are not just for North America/Canada only. You can select your region and country from the Worldwide list and this will take you to a localosied version of the AD site, with more local contact details.

ShaderOp
04-01-2011, 04:35 AM
Thanks for the help everyone. I finally managed to get one of the local resellers to bite, although they are asking for some weird information (what in heck's name is a "proof of purchase" anyway?). Graham was also kind enough to give me direct contact information for another reseller. Hopefully one of those will pan out.

Hirazi
04-01-2011, 08:15 AM
@Bellsey - I meant the phone number listed on the Softimage part of the site. I just assumed, but didn't say otherwise, calling this number worked the same as the "have Autodesk contact you" page, where it explicitly states
*This offer only available to residents of the U.S. and Canada. If you are outside of the U.S. and Canada, please contact your local reseller.
;)

Rez007
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the help everyone. I finally managed to get one of the local resellers to bite, although they are asking for some weird information (what in heck's name is a "proof of purchase" anyway?). Graham was also kind enough to give me direct contact information for another reseller. Hopefully one of those will pan out.

A "proof of purchase" would be like a receipt or confirmation form that proves you have indeed purchased and own an original/legal copy of Softimage. They probably just want to double check and verify with what is on hand from AD, before they extend their hand in helping you out in your purchase, since they were not the original sellers to you of your original copy - I would assume that is pretty standard.

CGTalk Moderation
04-01-2011, 01:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.