PDA

View Full Version : New cmiFVX videos - Houdini HIP Tricks

Robert Magee
03-30-2011, 05:05 PM
Check out some great new tutorial videos called "Houdini Hip Tricks Volume One And Two" created by Varomix - http://bit.ly/eWkrrp

varomix
04-02-2011, 07:15 PM
There's a preview video in that article that give you an inside of what those title are all about, this video gives you a great look at the workflows inside Houdini.

Thank you all

If anyone has any question, I'm here :P

Thanks Robert and everybody at SideFX

Cordeiro
04-03-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi Varomix just checked the trailer it looks great. I've a subscription and started following (as in doing not only watching :) ) hounini fundamentals and Houdini Intro to Procedural Modeling by David Gary, You think I should check yours next or I should see some of the others first ?

Btw, cgtalk is censoring cmi-vfx without the "-" in the middle. It happens in the tittle of my thread asking for help about houdini fundamentals and in your signature. I've sent a report via the support system two days ago but no reply yet . Even the title of this thread has a typo, was it intentional ?

oktawu
04-03-2011, 02:00 PM
i remember there were some "misunderstandings" between cgtalk staff and cmi, but i can't remember the exact reason, and since then, anything involving those words, is filtered.
it might have had something to do with excessive advertising , but i'm sure someone from cgtalk will chime in and explain it once more.

varomix
04-03-2011, 04:45 PM
Hi Varomix just checked the trailer it looks great. I've a subscription and started following (as in doing not only watching :) ) hounini fundamentals and Houdini Intro to Procedural Modeling by David Gary, You think I should check yours next or I should see some of the others first ?
?

Hi Cordeiro, I think you're on the right path, do watch those tutorials and then mine so you get a bit more familiar about how Houdini works, it might take you a bit to get into the Houdini way of doing things, but once you're there it awesome.

I always see it like map of what I'm thinking, something like this
" I need to make an ocean,
process:
first create the surface of the ocean, then add modifiers to that to create waves, then use those waves to create foam"

so in Houdini is exactly the same thing
" first create a Grid for the surface then add Ocean modifier to add waves and the extract the velocities of those waves to create particles for foam"

So Houdini is great to execute your ideas, step by step, and if you need to modify something just go up in and do it :P

awesome, hope you have a great time with Houdini, don't give up.

Best of luck

Cheers!

Cordeiro
04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
Thanks Varomix, I wont give up, it's a realy different paradigm but it really is fun.
i remember there were some "misunderstandings" between cgtalk staff and cmi

Oups... dindn't know about that, sorry

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2011, 09:20 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.