PDA

View Full Version : Glass reflections and refractions

andwew
03-30-2011, 04:59 AM
Hello everyone.

I have a very tough compositing question.

I am trying to composite an object inside of a glass dome, similar to something like this:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3411/3483324845_669a6512c9.jpg

However, I want total compositing control over the object on the inside of the glass. I render the glass separately in Vray and add it on top of the object. It looks ok, but I want this to be as realistic as possible. So i am wondering how to composite the reflections\refractions on the farthest side of the glass behind the object.... It gets quite complicated. I was thinking about splitting the glass dome in half and rendering the front reflections and then the back reflections separately but Im not sure the proper way to do that.

To not complicate this anymore so I might just avoid refraction distortion on the object...

I am rendering using Vray.

Any help would be appreciated!

neo420
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi,

Did you try the reflections/refractions using passes? You can have separate passes for each so that you can have more control over them.

Like to hear the results.

CGTalk Moderation
04-07-2011, 12:08 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.