PDA

View Full Version : Rendering in Vue and Cinema

Bildermensch
03-29-2011, 12:56 PM
Hi there, does somebody know more about how Vue Xsteme and other apps (im my case C4D) work together: I figured, that when i render inside C4D, only those parts of the scene which are constructed and added in C4D get rendered from there. All other stuff, mainly the landscape and the sky gets rendered by the vue renderer. Besides that, both renderer get supplied with all necessary additional passes and maps (alpha, depth, Ao etc. etc) and then finaly render the szene in question together. Am i right?
If there is someone who can shed some light in that topic, i would really apprechiate! Thanks in advance.
Heiner

MikeFrampton
03-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Hello Heiner,
This is exactly how it works. All the C4D native objects will be rendered with the C4D renderer, and all Vue assets will be rendered through the Vue renderer.
you can configure the Vue renderer inside of C4D to automatically adjust its parameters functions of C4D's renderer settings, or configure it independently.

When you launch a render from within C4D, both renderers will "talk" to each other and share all necessary information so that the render is done in one pass, and so that Vue assets can reflect, refract, cast shadows on, or receive shadows from the C4D assets, and vice versa.

Hope this helps.
Best regards

Bildermensch
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
Thanks for clearing that up for me. Now i can replace another "I guess" with an "I know".
Best regards

CGTalk Moderation
03-31-2011, 02:50 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.