PDA

View Full Version : Renderable Frame Counter

rainbowdemon
03-29-2011, 09:36 AM
Hello, I have searched a while now for a script that would allow to add a frame counter for my scenes. Basically something that would display the current frame. Now I know that the maya's HUD displays current frame, and I found a bunch of scripts on creativecrash to make annotations constrained to cameras.

While this is all nice, I need something that would actually allow me to incorporate those frame numbers into my renders.

I found a nice script that allowed this

http://www.creativecrash.com/maya/downloads/scripts-plugins/feedback/c/framerender/description#tabs

but now one more problem.. I would like to also be able to send my renders over the network via deadline. And in this case above script did not work..

Any suggestions on creating a script that works, or pointing me to the place where I could find one that already exists would be great. Thank you!

rainbowdemon
03-29-2011, 10:18 AM
nope sorry nevermind, please ignore, I found a way. Cheers!

earlyworm
03-29-2011, 12:08 PM
It might be helpful to others if you shared what the solution was.

rainbowdemon
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
yeah sure, well I don't know how 'correct' in technical terms is what I've done, but it works for me.

Make a text using a command from the script I mentioned above:
textCurvesBevel("Arial Black|h-35|w400|c0","1");

then you will see there is a node `textForBevel1` created in your scene. Now just assign expression to that..

string $currFrame = `currentTime -q`;
setAttr -type "string" textForeBevels1.text $currFrame;

quick and dirty but dose the trick. Hope it will be of use to someone

CGTalk Moderation
03-29-2011, 02:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.