PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - Animation - Squall787 - God of Destruction

squall787
03-28-2011, 02:36 AM
Hoping to find time to compete, work has been pretty busy.

My animation will be based on more of an idea of animation than the idea of the "character/god".

Character Choice - Demon by neverwinter.

squall787
03-28-2011, 05:08 AM
Here is a look at my rig for my god.

Skinning is not final yet and this was just a messing around pose.

I was going to post a layout of my action sequence... but google docs didnt save it so i will have to re-write it up at another time maybe.

http://kinganimations.com/images/DW_5_Rigging.jpg

nakimushi
03-28-2011, 08:46 PM
looks nice and clean ;)
cant wait to see some animation scenes later !

KielFiggins
03-28-2011, 10:31 PM
Great to see you entering Kyle, as always, excited to see what you crank out!

Funny, I was gonna use the demon model as well. Ahh well, will probably use it for an animation later, since I'm a no go on this comp.

Good luck man!

KielFiggins
03-28-2011, 10:33 PM
Looking at your joint layout for the wings, I noticed you did the 'elbow' joint angled up for the bend instead of down.

I was doing a quick joint layout as well and found that the wings anatomy is pretty float, so debating which way to lay them out.

Looking forward to seeing how that solution works out for you.

squall787
03-29-2011, 03:39 AM
Ya that was my first time ever setting up the wings. I spent over an hour laying out different wing set ups. I am not really sure how well it is going to work.
Ive roughly adjusted the weighting on it and think that with some work they can look fairly good.

I plan on having them pretty stiff in their flight, instead of thin and wavy. I don't really plan on using them till the end of my animation so if i have any problems with them hopefully i can fix/hide them the little that ill be using them.

You'll be able to see in my crappy Pre-vis haha that i have them scaled down for most of the animation and don't bring them out till about 480 frames in.

I know you said your busy with work but would you like to post your findings on your wing set up? I looked at Gameartisans animation entrants and someone posted a wing set up and let people download it. But i don't think i would want animate this guy with their spline set up.

squall787
03-29-2011, 05:23 AM
Here is my quick pre-vis to get timing down and the amount of movements per sequence.

http://kinganimations.com/images/previs.jpg

http://kinganimations.com//Media/DW5_Pre-vis.mov

Gatecrasher
03-29-2011, 03:23 PM
Hey Squall,
Good to see you back in the War =). Reading through your thread, it looks like you have the same idea as me: save sprouting the wings until the end. Sorta play it up as a reveal.

I took a look at your previz and it's a wee bit confusing. Can't really tell what's going on, but hey, if it proves out that your idea can fit within 20 seconds that's good. Keep it up!

squall787
03-29-2011, 03:38 PM
@ Gatecrasher -

Was looking over your update while you were probably commenting on mine. I was like i think hes doing the same thing! :)

Haha yeahh... i don't normally do much preproduction but like you said its more for timing. I spent most of last night cleaning the skin weights and only spent like 20 mins on the previs.

Hopefully over the next couple days ill be able to flush out a couple more camera cuts and clean it so others can more understand the funny movements

TheGrak
04-02-2011, 05:46 AM
This is looking good!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2011, 05:46 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.