PDA

View Full Version : Facial Blendshapes Transform Issue

egnarodude
03-26-2011, 09:22 PM
I have rigged multiple faces for facial animation and speech... etc... I have run into this problem before... but not like this...

Basically it seems like some of the blendshapes that I brought into Zbrush to tweak the facial expressions seamlessly and reimport into maya have done something weird with the transformations. I made sure NOT to freeze transformations on ANY of the blendshapes, exported the main from the location of the actual face (same exact location)... and imported them directly onto the same place (Transform 0,0,0)... Hypothetically this should be perfect yes?

Well it turns out ALL of the blendshapes that I have tweaked in Zbrush and reimported to maya are interacting with the main mesh in a frustrating way. All of the zbrushed faces cause the main face to move backward in space. Although it is a very small difference (fractions of a unit in space), the eyes obviously dont move with it... so even if i wanted to play it off during animation... it would look wonky. So i CHECKED the transformation on the blendshape to make sure they matched up.... (Re-zero'd out the transforms to put them back into original import location..) the blendshape face sits DIRECTLY on top of the wireframe mesh of the main face... thus making me think... "WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?" I had this issue before becuase I refroze the transformations and I was very careful NOT to do that this time... and I have checked and double checked my steps and they seem okay... Im really trying not to remake all of the problem blendshapes... but im about to give in i guess...

Anyone who has encountered this issue... PLEASE help me.... I HAVE to get this done quickly... :-/

stress....

sucks....

egnarodude
03-26-2011, 09:41 PM
Ok so I just tried t redo one of the blendshapes from zbrush... (re-export from the original mesh and location, go in zbrush, tweak, reimport on top of old mesh, applied it to the existing blendshape node "facialblends" and technically this should be perfect... but the face still moves... im at a loss for words... never had this problem before...

and as i was typing this i had the idea to maybe add it to a new blendshape node....

still nothing..

Anybody? Please... tell me theres some stupid checkbox that I need to click or something lol

TimCallaway
03-27-2011, 04:43 PM
Are you're deformers ordered correctly?

i.e

facialBlend
skinCluster1

karsu08
03-27-2011, 10:13 PM
By any change are you use maya 2011 if so i have also run into this problem. Here are some thing that normal help me

1. Make should that when you turn on and off the skinCluster nothing moves.

2. zero out the shapes and del history on them.

3. Try re-exporting from zbrush and reimport in to maya then del history on the new shapes.

CGTalk Moderation
03-27-2011, 10:13 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.