PDA

View Full Version : TVP Animation or Toon Boom Studio

soccerrprp
03-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Hi all,

Starting a new traditional 2D animation course in a high school. Love TVP, but not industry standard. Don't like Toon Boom because of it's lacking in the area of brushes, etc. and crazy maintenance structure where the only way to get updates for bugs not responsible by user can only be obtained if you pay hundreds of dollars extra.

So, should I go with industry standard (or similar) or go with software that is better in my mind, great tools and focus on the process instead of the software?

Any ideas? I am leaning towards getting the kids learning the process instead of worrying about whether the software is industry standard or not.

Thanks.

Gbball
07-25-2011, 08:00 AM
TVP is one of the best 2d drawing/painting/animation tools I've ever used. It's too bad more people don't know about it. For 2d animation it's the best by far. I even use it more than Photoshop and Sketchbook pro for illustration and drawing nowadays.

Colleges are often times all about making student's employable, but I think teaching the skills is more important for their long term development. For pure animation, I would suggest TVP, for employ-ability probably Toonboom or Flash (sad to say).

CGTalk Moderation
07-25-2011, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.