PDA

View Full Version : particle instance geometry sequence with per-vertex velocity data- possible?

YourDaftPunk
03-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Is there a way to bake an animation as a geometry sequence (like one normally would for particle instancing), but also attach per-vertex velocity information so that ideally particle instance geometry could have deformation motion blur? This would be nice for the beating wings of birds or insects when using geometry replacement (sometimes I can't instance 30 rigs- geometry replacement is lighter and I like the expression control).

Is this something that could only be done with a plug-in to replace the built in instancer?

And finally, how is per-vertex velocity information passed to mental ray in fluid meshes (realflow or nparticle)? Anyone know the technical details?

Thanks,
Shawn

YourDaftPunk
03-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Turns out, the answers in order are yes, no and simply use color per-vertex data commands. It's much simpler than I though it would be and I'll share my script for baking geometry sequences with per-vertex velocity when I'm done testing.

CGTalk Moderation
03-26-2011, 10:16 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.