PDA

View Full Version : Array of cubes

particlefx
03-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Hi guys,

I just need to do a logo animation.

This is the concept.
Small cubes building up and forming the alphabet.

I am new to houdini,need help ...

I will try out and post the updates if something pops up.....

regards
prakash.k

SilverLight
03-26-2011, 02:55 PM
Hello

You can make the letter u want , increase the division by useing a divide SOP

then u can group the points of the letters , and copy a box on those points now the letter is boxes

to make them animate , u use the ( group by range ) option in the group sop , and make the range from ( 0 ) to ( $F) for example ..... hit play and see them building ,

if u dont like the order of the points u can use the sort sop before using the copy

Note : those instruction will make your boxes on the surface of letters , if u want volume of letter , u can use a polygon and increase divisons box and the letter will be bounding for it , then group by bounding , and then copy another box to those points

NOTE : please watch the lesson two in the user guide on sidefx website this lesson is exactly what you need

particlefx
03-26-2011, 03:08 PM
thanks silverlight..
I will try out your method.

prakash.k

cdeorsay
03-28-2011, 12:04 AM
Hey,

I thought I'd create an example file for how I would approach this effect. Hope it helps!

particlefx
03-28-2011, 04:11 PM
Hi cdeorsay,
Thank you.
The file and the sticky notes were really helpfull.

particlefx
03-28-2011, 06:08 PM
Hi cdeorsay,

I am facing a issue.

You have used a box to determine the points inside group and animated it.

I did the same,but even though the points are outside the box ,the cubes are copied to the points inially.

I has attached the scene file...

prakash.k

cdeorsay
03-28-2011, 06:15 PM
In your copy node under "template group" (the second option from the top) you have a lot of point numbers. Delete these and then select "group 1" from the drop down menu.

particlefx
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
Thanks cdeorsay,

I got it.

CGTalk Moderation
03-28-2011, 06:18 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.