PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - 2D - pixel-chick - god of pestilence

pixel-chick
03-25-2011, 08:30 PM
Hello everyone :) I am very excited to be participating in my first DW competition and am happy to join this team. I'm using this opportunity to learn from each other and to have fun.

I'm still reflecting on which ideas I'm going to flesh out for 2d. It's difficult to pick just one, concrete one that makes sense. I've got all these little disjointed thoughts that are hard to pull together, lol, so the title of my god may change. My 3d one seems to be a bit more developed idea-wise then this 2d one, but I'm trying to trust that I'll come up with something solid eventually. :P

Thus far, I'm thinking of a god named Cardinal Echelon, god of dominion. He is responsible for keeping humans and all creatures who try to become like gods (and get too close) away from godly domain by repressing, constraining, or destroying them (not sure which yet). He's basically responsible for keeping all the gods safe in the god domain.

My second idea involves a very large lady god who has a tremendously powerful voice and manipulates sound waves with it. I was basing her off of the saying 'it ain't over 'til the fat lady sings' ;)
I have to think of ways to make her look interesting and powerful.

I'm finishing up a few thumbnails, so I'll post them shortly.

Ferx
03-26-2011, 09:49 PM
Welcome to the CGSociety Team Joanna :)

For sure is a great learning experience to sahre our works, comments and suggestions. Have a lot of fun in your first DW :D Good luck and waiting for your first sketches ( your idea sounds pretty cool). Cheers!!

pixel-chick
04-08-2011, 10:30 PM
I'm changing my god design:

Name: Cardinal Echelon, the narrator

god of narrative, existence, the stage of life, etc. etc. (I'll narrow it down at some point soon)

This god's special ability is to write the universe and all of its beings into existence. When he feels that the book is complete, or gets tired of the story, he burns it in his fire and begins anew if so inclined.

The book he is tossing in the images can be entitled 'Dominance War V', as the god has just completed the volume and is starting the next one. He either tosses the book directly into the fire himself from atop, or hands it to his alternate self below (I'm not sure yet and could use some help deciding :) What do you guys think is cooler?)

This is one god with two parts, creation atop, and destruction below. I'm not sure what to have for the below entity, the lion head can symbolize his superiority, or I can just mirror the top guy's head to symbolize taht it's the same dude. <shrug> lol

So many variations, aaaah! :) Which do you guys prefer? I truly appreciate any help you can offer, hehe. Thanks! :)

pixel-chick
04-08-2011, 10:36 PM
hopefully this pic isn't too big to post, i tried searching for the rules on posting and couldn't find any of course, heh:

http://www.pixel-chick.net/blog1/lg-gallery/2011/04/the_narrator-god-ideas.jpg

leonartdo
04-09-2011, 02:58 AM
wow! lots of variations to pick from. I like ones that clearly illustrate book burning such as B,E,M,N and symmetrical wings.

pixel-chick
04-09-2011, 04:38 AM
thanks, Leonartdo :)

lepilo
04-09-2011, 08:12 AM
I like D, I'm always attracted to asymmetry somehow :D

pixel-chick
04-10-2011, 11:40 PM
Ok, so I decided to switch gears completely. I wasn't sure whether to start a new thread or not, so I guess I'll just add this change to the original one.

I decided to swap my 2D and 3D characters because my 3D design seemed easier to pose more dynamically.

So this is Tocsin, god of pestilence. Composed of two personas that work symbiotically, it has a female portion that looks like a porcelain mannikin, emotionless and free of facial features. The arms and legs end around the elbow and knee respectively. She is the nerve center of the more beastly persona. She has hair of fire that fills the air like clouds, that will rain down some form of disease, blood, etc. The arms of the beast have two forearms each that form gaping jaws which consume other gods. The legs of the beast are made up of skeletons and other muscle/boney parts.

I decided to work with idea 'A' from the sheet below, in category 2D :)

http://www.pixel-chick.net/blog1/lg-gallery/2011/04/tintinnabulum.jpg

pixel-chick
04-10-2011, 11:43 PM
I'm just trying to come up with ideas for the pose, so this is what i threw together, albeit messy :P Which do you guys prefer so far? There will eventually be other gods falling from the sky, caught in her hair of doom and being clutched in the teeth of her forearms :P

http://www.pixel-chick.net/blog1/lg-gallery/2011/04/tintinnabulum_2D-2-7-3.jpg

pixel-chick
04-10-2011, 11:45 PM
idea sketch #2:

http://www.pixel-chick.net/blog1/lg-gallery/2011/04/tintinnabulum_2D-2-6.jpg

glupman
04-17-2011, 07:40 PM
cool stuff:thumbsup::arteest:

salki
05-09-2011, 03:17 PM
Nice dynamic scene, I feel the motion and power quite well!

CGTalk Moderation
05-09-2011, 03:17 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.