PDA

View Full Version : some help in photoshop

pravinroche
10-22-2003, 12:16 PM
hey i started with photoshop 3 months before and i wanna know what makes photoshop different from others and i wanna concenterate in 3d too so is photoshop would help me plz suggest me guys. and i made few images in photoshop with the tutorials which i can find in the net. i will mail that soon ok

klingspor
10-22-2003, 02:41 PM
I hope I understand you correctly here...

Anyway, yes, it's always good to know Photoshop, especially if you are aiming for the 3D field. You'll need it for texturing, post-production and a lot of other things... while there are other programs that help you with that, I've never heard of anyone go completely without PS.

So dive in and learn, it's sure to be of benefit...

Prateek
10-22-2003, 03:31 PM
may i have a loook at your recent work ?

pravinroche
10-22-2003, 06:49 PM
hey thanks guys can u suggest me a website that could teach me a lot i haven't started with 3d yet my course is starting from this november. so i wanna learn some photoshop that could help me in 3D.and u wanna see my work but it says too big to attach but my file is just 42kb what can i do i reduced the size from 400kb to 42 the quality is reduced to greater extend. if u guys wanna see i can mail it and u can suggest me somethin i guess.

pravinroche
10-22-2003, 06:57 PM
stefan i have seen ur website its great lots o f japanese char u got hey u said u visited india where exactly. ur website is cool, calm and not to many artistic stuff as normal artist do to their website great so how long have u been in this field.

hey i forgot i am goin to start with 3D max 4.2 or 5 i suppose

klingspor
10-22-2003, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by pravinroche
stefan i have seen ur website its great lots o f japanese char u got hey u said u visited india where exactly. ur website is cool, calm and not to many artistic stuff as normal artist do to their website great so how long have u been in this field. I lived in New Delhi as a kid for several years... 't was a great time for me, I really love Asia! So where are you from?

Back on topic: To reduce the file size either reduce the dimensions of the image or save as a JPEG in the "Save for Web" menu... just lower the quality until you get the file size you need.

You'll find some useful tutorials on Photoshop here (http://www.phong.com/tutorials/).

pravinroche
10-23-2003, 05:41 AM
hey i am livin in mumbai and i have completed my graduation in computer science and i wanna make my carrer in animation
hey thnks for replyin

chach
10-23-2003, 01:54 PM
The Gimp! is an excellent and FREE alternative to photoshop!

halo
10-23-2003, 02:54 PM
one thing that makes PS stand out from any other app....its industry standard, so your likely to come across it in whatever vein of cg you exist in. Worth learning for that reason alone.

pravinroche
10-24-2003, 04:56 AM
hey thnks for the suggestion i really dunno what the graphic industry needs because i am new at this field. The animation stuff, sfx is just been started down in india so i am hurrying to get into it. Hey i wanna know what about Gamming industry.
hey stefan thnks for the tutorials and thnks u guys for replyin me i am still workin on the image to make it smaller i got a jpeg compressor i hope that could help. i will display me work as soon as possible

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 10:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.