PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - 2D - Madbot - God of Celestial Horror

madbot
03-24-2011, 10:42 PM
Phasmeus is the God of Celestial Horror.

A giant terror of the stars, he controls the most dangerous areas of the known Universe. From the toxic worlds of the gas planets and their hidden spirits to the ghosts of Mars & the Moon and the many black holes that lie between, Phasmeus watches over everything. Born a hideous bastard son to a beautiful Goddess, he was thrown into the icy depths of a moon that shares his mother's name. Europa. For many centuries he has terrorised & distorted the minds of any space travelling people who dare stray too close to his resting place.

Now he moves, decending upon Earth so he may rule the land as well as the sea.

Yes, this is HP Lovecraft inspired. I've found his stories about horrors from space really intriging and I've always tried to imagine how they would look. Because Phasmeus resides in the deep icy oceans of Europa I intend for him to be based on the truly wierd creatures we find in the depths of our own oceans.

Soon I will post some sketches and silhouettes

NavigatorJones
03-24-2011, 11:46 PM
Madbot! I remember you from the last DW, looking forward to your stuff!

madbot
03-25-2011, 01:38 AM
Cheers Navigator Jones, I seem to be able to finish the mini comps and then over think my ideas when it comes to the main comp so I'm determined to do well this time round. Good luck with your God of Corruption (cool idea).

Ferx
03-26-2011, 06:14 AM
Hey Matt,

Cool idea with great potential ( I ever loved the Lovecraft storys :D). Good luck and waiting for your first sketches on your concept. Cheers!!

madbot
03-26-2011, 10:43 AM
Hey Fernando good to see you here and good luck. Glad you like my idea. :D

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/homercleaz/DWV-post-concept-sketches.jpg

Well here we go just a couple to start with. As you can see I like the Angler fish at the moment. I'm aiming to have him move along the ground with his tentacles, have arms that either have pincers and even more tentacles that can contract together to act as flippers when he is in the water. However I'm aware I'll need to add a human element to him as well (because his mother was a goddess with human form and also because it should make him much scarier).

More to come.

Ferx
03-29-2011, 02:03 AM
Hey Matt,

Nice designs, like your idea for your god with abyss style fish head :D And agree with you about the human elements on your god, maybe one arm like crab arm and other like a human arm.... hmmmm dont know... only silly idea. :D

Cool work and waiting for more updates. Cheers!! :beer:

madbot
04-02-2011, 09:51 AM
Not a silly idea at all Ferx, :)
in fact I've been drawing away trying to find something that will work for me and started to get a little frustrated at my lack of progress. So I took a break and started to write a little back story about Phasmeus and from the details of the story I was able to make some improvements. One of the details was in fact a crab claw. This crab claw is important as it belonged to a great ice crab that he defeated and over time it has grafted itself onto his hand. So you were already thinking what I was thinking! Anyhow here's what I have so far. A more detailed body and some head concepts to decide on. Cheers.

http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/homercleaz/DWV-post-concept-sketches-2.jpg

NavigatorJones
04-02-2011, 11:51 PM
Personally I am partial to that pirana jaw you've got going on in the first sketch, if not the entire head. There is something incredibly creepy about piranas and the shape of their jaw in particular. It's almost like he's the evil fish of the heavens XD

For the head designs I like that last one you've got, botton right hand corner :D

ersinerturk
04-03-2011, 07:22 AM
Sweet concept and background! A god without a face or expression could fit perfect to your concept imo. I'd prefer the piranha one too.

ersinerturk
04-03-2011, 07:23 AM
I missed the last image, I also prefer your last face sketch at the bottom-right corner.

Ferx
04-03-2011, 07:46 PM
Hey Matt,

Cool update, like that head studies for your god, my favorite is the design in the bottom right corner, nice alien look, great for a celestial/cosmic god. :D

Nice work and waiting for more updates. Cheers! :beer:

madbot
04-17-2011, 04:12 AM
http://i702.photobucket.com/albums/ww25/homercleaz/DWV-post-concept-sketches-3.jpg

Cheers guys, apologies for my absense, very busy of late. Made a basic idea of how I'd like the front view to be. The body has changed a little and I'm trying to make the head pretty wierd.

Critiques welcome as always.

CGTalk Moderation
04-17-2011, 04:12 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.