PDA

View Full Version : bake gi with brazil - final render ?

luigi
10-22-2003, 11:35 AM
ok hear is my problem.

im rendering interior camara path animations with gi and for take out the flitering i have to setup diferent global ilumination for try to make a quickly gi and with the help of the brazil utility I optimize the render time.

but the problem is that for render 1000 frames or more take ages.

I want to know if the exist one posiblity to bake the brazil gi .

I was using in the past finalrender but the first version have a lot of bugs and errors , the version 1.5 was ok .

do someone knows if the stage 01 now is good , i think the satge one is now a good solution for baking and gi .

But i ant to know if the have erased all the olds problem.

and another questions when you bake gi you have to make big images for arrive to a good quality to capture the gi.

whane you finish al the bake are the scene heavy to render because you have big textures on it??

Ian Jones
10-29-2003, 01:33 PM
I experimented with Brazil and baking GI once... alas it didn't work. :(

I guess the only way to do it is to make lots of orthographic renders of the walls and ceiling etc and then use these as texture maps. Then of course you have problems as soon as you encounter a form anything more complicated than a box.

To answer your question about baked textures being heavy on a render... I doubt it, at least nothing compared to having to re-calculate the Gi every damn frame. Yes, I feel your pain.

silv
10-29-2003, 02:56 PM
brazil doesn't have the baking option... you have two options:

1. fake the gi (even if an interior scene is hard to fake)
2. wait for max 6 and us the baking feature in mental ray

playmesumch00ns
10-30-2003, 09:43 AM
Just render out a GI pass for your whole animation then comp this over the top later. It may take ages, but it'll be quicker than recalculating the GI every time you change the lighting.

This does of course require that you have animation finalised before you do the lighting

CGTalk Moderation
01-16-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.