PDA

View Full Version : After Effect Project help required - will pay

Neil V
03-24-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi all. I hope there are some decent After Effects users out there. I'm working on a project and have kind of run up to the limit of my experience and ability. The project is 90% complete but the client requires changes I don't know how to achieve. I'm willing to pay the going rate for anyone who can get me over the line and all project files will be supplied.

Any takers?

CosmicRage
03-24-2011, 03:09 PM
Can you provide more insight to this project? What is it, what do you need help with and also a deadline would be a great start.

Neil V
03-24-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi CosmicRage.

Yeah, that would be a good idea wouldn't it?

I have purchased a project including all relevant files from Videohive and have shown it to my client - he loves it. It's this one: http://videohive.net/item/particle-logo-revealer/93632

All that needs to be done is his logo needs dropping in (I can do that! LOL!) and the mosaic-like circles towards the end need changing to cloudy, whispy like circles that taper off into nothingness. Is that tricky?

I'm trying to pin my client down to an absolute deadline. I remember him saying Monday but clients do like to conveniently forget or massage times don't they?

CosmicRage
03-24-2011, 04:26 PM
The project looks like he created it based on an Andrew kramer tutorial at videocopilot.net.

http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/3d_ball_dispersion/

So I am assuming that he used the CCball action plug in? If there isnt a way to swap them out like you could if it used particular. For instance in Particular you have particle settings where in ball action you just have balls If you are trying to create a faded sphere type effect you could try making the balls smaller (no pun intended) and then duplicating the layer and adding a blur and then use a blending mode to get them to blend into each other more, like a soft light or add? You could also play around with duplicating the ball action layer and applying a fractal noise and turn up the contrast and then blend over the top. That could add some kind of smokey effect. You will want to animate the evolution of the fractal noise. You could give those things a try and see if that is more to the clients liking...

Neil V
03-24-2011, 04:38 PM
Hi again and thanks for the reply. The project doesn't use any plug-ins as there is a pre-rendered project file contained within the main directory.

I'm really not up to speed with After Effects at all (and I know I should be) so was wondering if you or anyone else would have the time to help me out. animating fractal noise etc. is all techno babble to me!

CosmicRage
03-24-2011, 07:11 PM
highlight the ball action layer. You can find the layer that has the ball action plugin by highlighting or selecting a layer and hitting e. After you find those layers hit ctrl+D to duplicate those layers. Then with the duplicate layer go to effects and select noise and grain> fractal noise. The evolution option should be towards the bottom of the option in the effects panel. Then hold alt and click the little stop watch icon, this should prompt an expression box in your timeline. In there type time*200 (for example). What this does is animate the movement of the fractal noise to make it look smokier or whatever you want to call it. time takes the current frame rate and multiplies it by the number you typed in. The higher the number the faster it moves. So if you are looking for subtle then maybe you can get by with 50 or 100.

After that make sure the ball action layer with the fractal noise is above the original ball action in the timeline. Then change the blending mode to add or soft light or any other setting that gets the look you are looking for.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXMK2MS0l5U

Neil V
03-24-2011, 07:14 PM
This is great CosmicRage. Thanks for taking the time to spell it out so clearly for me. I'm not used to After Effects at all and it's a little intimidating for me. I will definitely give this a try and thank you once again.

I must say, this is an extremely generous and open forum. Thanks to everyone!

CosmicRage
03-24-2011, 08:29 PM
Let me know if you come across any snags. Screenshots may help. I'll try to help you out as much as I can. I feel really comfortable in AE and come here for help in C4D and before that it was Maya help. So I try to give back as much as I can. Good Luck

CGTalk Moderation
03-24-2011, 08:29 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.