PDA

View Full Version : problem with dynamics ( plane that drops bombs )

cptbavo
03-22-2011, 09:13 PM
i have a link to my playblast below.

i am new to dynamics and am having trouble. i've attached an emitter to a modeled airplane and keyed the airplane to be flying. now i want my emitter to look like it is dropping bombs.

i've set up an instance for the bomb, added a gravity field. the bombs will drop for about the first 30 frames, then as if they were being double translated, beging shooting off forward instead of following the gravity field created.

i've messed with the inherit factor, and the conserve. they appear to be the adjustments i need to make. however, when i get the bombs to not appear to shoot off forward, they don't fall out of the plane in a realistic manner. any support? what am i doing wrong?

http://www.suspended.tv/problems/blastsQ5DcD1.mov

Duncan
03-22-2011, 10:07 PM
Make sure that neither your bombs nor your particle system is parented to the planes (only the emitter should be parented ).

cptbavo
03-22-2011, 11:52 PM
that is the way it is setup. only the emitter is parented to the plane. the bomb, the field, and the particle system is stationary at the axis of origin.

Duncan
03-23-2011, 12:21 AM
I'm guessing you have some inherit on the particle system( so that the emitter motion is inherited ). Perhaps something in your setup is causing that to fail( could be a bug ). The behavior is almost as there is inherit and the emitter always thinks its last position is zero. You might try unparenting the emitter and just keyframing its motion to match.

cptbavo
03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
yeah true, that's a good idea. i'll give that a shot.

CGTalk Moderation
03-23-2011, 04:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.