PDA

View Full Version : Dominance War V - 3D - Jojin Kang - Goddess of Pain

SpaceTik
03-22-2011, 04:09 PM
my friend found this on my monitor and asked "what the hell is that"???
i told him i was always fascinated by women's fashion.
lol, i've wanted to do this for a long time but never found the time or had the skills.
i'm just hoping to learn from this experience.
I'll try and finish this.
wish me luck!

kogen
03-22-2011, 04:31 PM
Cool. I like how one can immediately recognize from her clothes that she's kind of a femme fatale :D

SpaceTik
03-23-2011, 02:55 AM
well that's a better start then i could have ever hoped for my man! ;)

SpaceTik
03-31-2011, 05:30 AM
well here's a start, using Martin Krol's excellent tutorial to help me along. At first I thought he dragged on a bit but now finding it a god send that he is so thorough!

SpaceTik
04-03-2011, 04:23 AM
Had a bit of a struggle with the face and mesh from zbrush. Had to export into modo and clean up the base mesh a lot. Kinda slow process, was ok with doing the rat illo but finding it much harder with a human. Anyway, next is to the fun part!

http://img807.imageshack.us/img807/2937/screengrab02.jpg

VictorFornes
04-03-2011, 01:10 PM
hey, just drop to say to things about the:
- maybe the nose is a little bigger for a lady ( i know, just following conventions here).
- the fingers i believe must be a little more longer so she can show the curves that you got in the concept.

Nice work, i will keep looking for more.

Peace.

kogen
04-04-2011, 09:10 AM
Ahhhh he's faster than me :D Good work so far. The body is pretty musculous which is what seems pretty good for this type of character. I'd recommend to tweak the face a bit. Since your character shall symbolize deadly sex-appeal I'd change the face more to that style. Which means sinful lips, and almond-shaped eyes, plus I think the face should be slender. At the moment it's more meant to be "Harsh"... almost german. ;)
Found this image and it summarizes it all pretty well.

http://jamaicangroupiemet.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/La_femme_fatale1.jpg

SpaceTik
04-04-2011, 03:46 PM
Cheers kogen, that's a really good reference actually! i'll use it thanks!
I'm not big on sketching so I jumped right into modeling. I don't want to make this character too pretty. Not only is it hard to make pretty face in zbrush it's.. well that's it really :)

might make her HUGE also! haha.
might turn her into a dude to make it easier overall.. hmm

SpaceTik
04-04-2011, 03:57 PM
can anyone tell me how to merge 2 layers in zbrush 3.1?
like the eyeballs i've cloned?
cheers

kogen
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
Are you talking about layers or Subtools? Merging two layers is always a bit tricky in ZB. You could store the data you wanna merge in a Morphtarget, then switch to the other layer and use the Morph-Brush to "re-import" those details.

Merging two subtools in 3.1 hmmmm actually I thought Subtool Master might exist for 3.1 if not you need to create a mesh and merge those subtools either at the highest or at the lowest level.

Speaking of pretty faces... you should give it a try, don't make it too simple by changing her into a guy, try to push yourself :D

CGTalk Moderation
04-04-2011, 04:07 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.